Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 33 years

33 years

Well another year without success on moose good luck to the individuals that got one
    bigben

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 33 years

what draw are you putting in for? Thats insane, but Im not sure why you simply don't get into a group or go for a low odds hunt. Good thing you have a lot of GOS options.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    what draw are you putting in for? Thats insane, but Im not sure why you simply don't get into a group or go for a low odds hunt. Good thing you have a lot of GOS options.
    Have put in shared group and individual hunts in this zone and believe it or not know of two locals that have been drawn four times by one and three times by the second one in same zone oh well i know its a crap shoot as i have not won the 6/49 yet for moose there is always next year lol
    bigben

Think the ministry might have to check the "algorithm" on the software their using.
    Probably the same company that the Feds used that designed that "Phoenix" software for folks cheques!!!

You know, where some got paid, even "over paid" while others hadn't seen a cheque in a year.

FYI, I ain't f'n Joking either!!

Me too with all LEH critters each year oh well good to know im not the only one have tried so many different areas too and with the best odds as well seems that dont mean doodoo ....

My son didn’t get his youth doe draw at .8:1 odds that’s (decimal)8!!! Better than 1:1 odds HTF does that happen?

sad part is he’s a teen and seems to be losing interest in hunting what with girls and all hahaha. He was really discouraged and hinted at not coming this year because he feels it’s hopeless. Last three years have been hot strange weather and we just haven’t been seeing bucks so the doe tag was really encouraging for him.

Cause everybody sees the odds. Most of the hunts with really good odds seem to have plenty of applications the following year

My son didn’t get his youth doe draw at .8:1 odds that’s (decimal)8!!! Better than 1:1 odds HTF does that happen?
    Shotty, the odds you see in the LEH synopsis are the "actual" odds from last year. What tends to happen is people see low odds and put in, thinking its their odds for this year. I suspect when you look at that exact draw in next years synopsis, it will be more like 2 to 1. Its too bad he didn't pull one....perhaps look into some of the youth seasons for him?

Take care
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by shottyshooter View Post
    Where did you see the .8:1 odds - if it was in the synopsis, that was for last year and would not apply this year?

Quote Originally Posted by shottyshooter View Post

sad part is he’s a teen and seems to be losing interest in hunting what with girls and all hahaha. He was really discouraged and hinted at not coming this year because he feels it’s hopeless. Last three years have been hot strange weather and we just haven’t been seeing bucks so the doe tag was really encouraging for him.
    Dont give up, that youth season is a great opportunity.

As mentioned above, the odds can change quite a bit. Everybody sees the good odds and apply, and stay away from the higher ones on a similar hunt. I actually went the opposite this year and applied to some of the draws with higher odds, and while I got extremely lucky, ended up pulling tags. I was surprised to see that on the LEH authorization the ACTUAL odds for the draws were posted and most were about half of the previous year.

Sheep
    Last years Odds 130:1
    This years Odds 90:1

Bison
    Last years odds 60:1
    This years odds 20:1

Goat
    Last years odds 5:1
    This years odds 8:1