Thread: Edge Hills Prov Park Sheep Hunt 3-31B

Edge Hills Prov Park Sheep Hunt 3-31B

Well we got lucky and drew a Fraser River Sheep. Will definitely be doing some scouting as its not too far from home, but Ive never been to the area. Kelly lake looks like the place to start and it will be lots of glassing. If anyone has any tips on areas to focus on or other ways to access the MU we are all ears. Thanks in advance, once in a lifetime type of hunt at 45:1
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

2. Site Sponsor

Post Re: Edge Hills Prov Park Sheep Hunt 3-31B

Hey! You got MY draw!

I applied there too.

All the best of luck.

Re: Edge Hills Prov Park Sheep Hunt 3-31B

my concern is they will all still be on the Marble range that early in the season, hoping someone has some knowledge or tips.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Your biggest threat to success will be guides. They will do everything they can to keep a resident hunter unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast meds View Post
    Your biggest threat to success will be guides. They will do everything they can to keep a resident hunter unsuccessful.
    What exactly can they do?

IMO no guide is going to be in that area, now that i have done a bit of research this is going to be a tough hunt. The animals will be on the ridges still this early in the season, there maybe some lower down but they will be up high and don't move down until later in the fall. We will see what happens though...looking for an old lazy animal maybe haha
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Sorry, had my zones mixed up. Thought you were in the Shulap's . Guides everywhere on both sides of that range. We spent a tonne of time and effort tracking down and finding 3 legal Rams prior to our draw opening last year only to return a week later ( day of the opening ) and find the local guide outfitters packing his horses into the same area. He had a wealthy 300lb Texan client with him and informed us he had also seen these rams a couple days before and had taken his horses into the basin where they were to pushed them out and much deeper into the range prior to the opening in order to create less opportunity for those on foot. We spent 3 days trying to hunt the area only to have horses pass by us each day, one with a very large american attached, he was on the glue pot with the deep arch in its back. Decided it was useless to compete on foot.
    Not complaining , its how he makes his living, but Lesson learned. Wish you success.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    IMO no guide is going to be in that area, now that i have done a bit of research this is going to be a tough hunt. The animals will be on the ridges still this early in the season, there maybe some lower down but they will be up high and don't move down until later in the fall. We will see what happens though...looking for an old lazy animal maybe haha
    There will be rams there during the LEH window based on what I saw on the other side of the river.

Use the guide to your advantage ... maybe he horses and noise the guys are making helps reveal some rams you didnt know were there.

Bump. How did this go? Were you able to find any sheep at least?