Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mt Meager Goat LEH - My First LEH!

Re: Mt Meager Goat LEH - My First LEH!

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I just remembered the name of the access I was thinking about. Clendenning. There is apparently a trail from the parking lot at the end of the Squamish FSR that goes all the way to Meager. I don't think it would be as tough as the upper Elaho.
    That is the upper Elaho. The squamish is the next valley over.

The gate is about 25km before the hot springs trailhead. Then it’s about 2 day hike in from there. the grizz habitat is a great thing for all the critters out there. And no the “b” side is the other side of the river but with fire season fast approaching they do sometimes close the gate on that side Hopefully we have a rainy summer for everyone’s sake

Sounds too much like hard work... I applied for that one too and now I am relieved that I didn't get an authorization.

Good Luck, post pics - It is an awesome area to hike into.

Quote Originally Posted by Markjames View Post
    The gate is about 25km before the hot springs trailhead. Then it’s about 2 day hike in from there. the grizz habitat is a great thing for all the critters out there. And no the “b” side is the other side of the river but with fire season fast approaching they do sometimes close the gate on that side Hopefully we have a rainy summer for everyone’s sake
    Sounds like a good spot to hunt. Low pressure from vehicles, day-hikers, and hunters.

Don’t give up,when there’s will,there’s way.never hunted goat in 2-11A
    i can give some access tips

Quote Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
    Don’t give up,when there’s will,there’s way.never hunted goat in 2-11A
    i can give some access tips
    Thanks eagle eye. I think i'm going to go scout the weekend of the 20th. Any more tips would be great. Looks like coming in the lilloet fsr to the washout might be the best bet and wade/canoe/raft across depending on water.... Any info about these gates being open or closed would be great. Please PM me with any details. Cheers.

Hi all, anyone have any updates on how this hunt went for ynielsen? Turns out I got the same LEH draw this year, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, team!! I intend to access the region via Pemberton.

Yeah I’m curious as to what happened too. Sounds like if enough time was devoted to the hunt it would have been pretty epic.

I would love to hear what happened as well. I haven't been up that way in years now that I think about it. I had a great time working on a goat study there a number of years ago. It's beautiful but can be tough country.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Isn't there a a locked gate or no MV access along the upper Lillooet just after the Hurley turn off? I know there is a manned gate just past the Meager slide for the Hydro project but I heard they gated it much earlier last year.