Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mt Meager Goat LEH - My First LEH!

Re: Mt Meager Goat LEH - My First LEH!

Thanks Mark, i'll be in touch.

I think it is an awesome LEH, congratulations. I seem to recall there is hiking access to that area through the upper Squamish valley if there is no way across the Lillooet river. I also heard there is access to Meager up the west side of the Lillooet river from Pemberton.

Go for it!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

A raft won't be much help since you will be rowing up river.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I think it is an awesome LEH, congratulations. I seem to recall there is hiking access to that area through the upper Squamish valley if there is no way across the Lillooet river. I also heard there is access to Meager up the west side of the Lillooet river from Pemberton.

Go for it!
    I agree with the go for it part here-- you've got a duty to pursue your LEH for the rest of us that put in for them and didn't get a draw. However, I spend a fair bit of time in the back of the Elaho Valley and that is probably just about the hardest access you could try to use to get into the Meager zone. Go in from the Pemberton side, you'll be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by granola_eater View Post
    I agree with the go for it part here-- you've got a duty to pursue your LEH for the rest of us that put in for them and didn't get a draw. However, I spend a fair bit of time in the back of the Elaho Valley and that is probably just about the hardest access you could try to use to get into the Meager zone. Go in from the Pemberton side, you'll be glad you did.
    I just remembered the name of the access I was thinking about. Clendenning. There is apparently a trail from the parking lot at the end of the Squamish FSR that goes all the way to Meager. I don't think it would be as tough as the upper Elaho.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I didn't put in there because my buddy who got a goat out of there two years ago told me it was shut down for the grizz habitat restoration. Hopefully there are ways around that! Best of luck.

Is zone B still accessible? Or does the gate affect access here as well.

I just remembered the name of the access I was thinking about. Clendenning. There is apparently a trail from the parking lot at the end of the Squamish FSR that goes all the way to Meager. I don't think it would be as tough as the upper Elaho.
    I thought this park was inaccessible by vehicle? And that the hike-in was like 2 days.

Thanks for that. I'll look into that as well. I will be pursuing!

Quote Originally Posted by ynielsen View Post
    Thanks for that. I'll look into that as well. I will be pursuing!

I believe that takes you to the hot springs. So that would be a two-day hike to get to the base of the mountain.