Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEH Bull Moose in 7-04

LEH Bull Moose in 7-04

Hi Everyone, since its LEH results time, I was wondering if anyone could help out with my first authorization.
    I got Bull Moose in 7-04 between Sept 10 to Nov 5 and I'm not too familiar with the area, mainly in my allotted time, which week would be the best to go for a Bull?
    Hows snowfall, weather etc in sept-nov?

Thanks in advance, and of course PMs are welcomed

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEH Bull Moose in 7-04

PM sent. Good luck

Find a dirt road and have a look around. Don't overthink this as it is that easy. Weather conditions vary everywhere and every day is different. Not even the local weathermen/women get it right. Lol. Good luck!

id go sept 25-oct 5

Seems like quite a small MU from what google maps is indicating, thankfully I have huntbuddy to confirm I'll be in the correct MU

How many people ideally would go on a moose hunt? Just had a buddy bail and now there’s 2 of us
    about ready for hunt buddy classifieds... ideally want to go as soon as my LEH is open. Week of sept 10-15th/17th
    Last edited by Carrollizer; 08-13-2019 at 07:42 PM.

I’d go with 2. No problem.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrollizer View Post
    How many people ideally would go on a moose hunt? Just had a buddy bail and now there’s 2 of us
    about ready for hunt buddy classifieds... ideally want to go as soon as my LEH is open. Week of sept 10-15th/17th
    Any bull? I'd be in there from Sept 21-Oct 7 some time in there. Bulls will be rutting, wish for a cold front to be moving in, and hunt all day. Concentrate on cut block edges, swamps, and natural wet lands. Watch for cow moose, as during this time, bulls will be dam close. Bulls started to respond to calls last year around Sept 23-24, and kept coming in till the end of the second week of Oct. Called in 2 bulls last year that hit the dirt, and had one fluke, that was with his mother! Good luck! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Yah we may push it to later in September however work isn’t working out that way. 2 is ok if we were both fit. I’m 30 and decently fit. Uncle is 60+ has had a stroke and not in the best shape... unless round counts lol

The moose will be up high on the slides and sub alpine early season.Better to be there during the rut when the bulls are roaming.