Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Leh is out!!!

Re: Leh is out!!!

3-37 Shared Moose and Peace late season any elk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Wonderer View Post
    3-37 Shared Moose and Peace late season any elk.
    Cool I had that moose draw a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I never get anything.
    So I don't apply.
    And the cycle repeats.
    I've cut back on my draw purchases over the years as well. Moose and deer and that's it since I've never got anything else even under incredible good odds. So screw em they only get about half the money out of me now to see nil x2 instead of nil x6

I call "money grab"!

I do get the LEH for some species and areas etc.
    But when I listen to some wanting more and more things to go on LEH makes me think I would never get to go out hunting if that happens.
    I guess poaching would go on the increase?

Glad to see there were some winners. (I was starting to wonder there for a bit)

I got a sheep in region 8 a couple of years ago, pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
    As a new hunter it is disappointing and discouraging to see groups of hunters put in for multiple draws and not get a single one. THEN you see other people who get 3 or 4 to themselves or people who get them for many years in a row. Kinda silly that it can't be spread out more...

I tend to agree. To a point. I think if you pull one individual and one shared hunt then that should be it for that season. There are tons of people who put in year after year with no success, and others who are getting 3-4 per year. And those stories are often about women hunters. It’s great to get ladies in the sport, and I’m trying to get my wife to finally do her CORE, but the same 1 + 1 and done should apply.

I’m going to log off and check my luck now, if the damn server hasn’t folded up like a $2.00 lawn chair...

Congrats to the successful ones!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I call "money grab"!

I do get the LEH for some species and areas etc.
    But when I listen to some wanting more and more things to go on LEH makes me think I would never get to go out hunting if that happens.
    I guess poaching would go on the increase?

Glad to see there were some winners. (I was starting to wonder there for a bit)
    I like the LEH potential to hunt goats and sheep so close to home ..... potential. But, i think LEH overall is a system that is not understood well. Their "how does LEH work" document spends way too much effort explaining how the random numbers are generated, as opposed to explaining real-life examples.

For example: How can someone draw back to back region 3 goat tags, when they are supposed to be on reduced odds, and someone who's been applying for 20+ years can't ever get a single draw? Sure, where you apply has some effect on that, of course, but overall, it should be almost impossible for someone to draw back to back tags, for an area that is highly sought after. I'm not talking some obscure EK mountain many are reluctant to apply and drive to with 0.9:1 odds ... i'm talking Lillooet goats that get god knows how many applications.

Maybe it's just me, but i just think people would be less bitter if the system was better explained.

And in the words of James May: Cock!

4th year of nothing. I was really hoping for antlerless jackelope this year!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Not a dang thing!

3-31B for bull moose in November! Can’t wait. If anyone has any tips or pointers I’d appreciate a DM lol
    Last edited by Beau; 06-24-2019 at 04:40 PM.