Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Leh is out!!!

Re: Leh is out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I like the LEH potential to hunt goats and sheep so close to home ..... potential. But, i think LEH overall is a system that is not understood well. Their "how does LEH work" document spends way too much effort explaining how the random numbers are generated, as opposed to explaining real-life examples.

For example: How can someone draw back to back region 3 goat tags, when they are supposed to be on reduced odds, and someone who's been applying for 20+ years can't ever get a single draw? Sure, where you apply has some effect on that, of course, but overall, it should be almost impossible for someone to draw back to back tags, for an area that is highly sought after. I'm not talking some obscure EK mountain many are reluctant to apply and drive to with 0.9:1 odds ... i'm talking Lillooet goats that get god knows how many applications.

Maybe it's just me, but i just think people would be less bitter if the system was better explained.
    Check out post #104.
    On top of that (I have said before) my friends son next year has the same odds a me on a Pitt Lake Elk (although the odds are huge) which
    he has already won on (unlikely he will win again, but should be 0% chance to win ever again, imo)

I get the LEH as you state.
    But after reading post #104 and a friend getting it 3 years in a row while he applied for the same permit doesn't.
    Sounds like some big flaws.
    Maybe % to win after winning should depend on the "odds".

Oh well, unless it's 0.5:1 I don't hold my breath any longer. (in which case, I don't think I need to hold it!)

[QUOTE=Weatherby Fan;2099558]Thanks for the offer, I shoot them on the road so I can load em into the truck nice and easy !!!!

Just Haul Em on the QUAD ! RJ

I'm on a roll, 3 years in a row nothing. 0/5 this year. If I was MLB batter I would be optioned to High A league.

2/4 so I’m batting .500.

0-6 but looks like I might be a pack mule for island elk and mountain goat. Maybe I’ll have GOS luck.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by longwalk View Post
    Nothing for me. My 15 year old daughter put in for mule deer doe in region 8 at almost even odds didn't get first or second choice .
    those were last years' odds. they don't tell you what the odds were on this years draw unless you were successful in being chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Check out post #104.
    On top of that (I have said before) my friends son next year has the same odds a me on a Pitt Lake Elk (although the odds are huge) which
    he has already won on (unlikely he will win again, but should be 0% chance to win ever again, imo)

I get the LEH as you state.
    But after reading post #104 and a friend getting it 3 years in a row while he applied for the same permit doesn't.
    Sounds like some big flaws.
    Maybe % to win after winning should depend on the "odds".

Oh well, unless it's 0.5:1 I don't hold my breath any longer. (in which case, I don't think I need to hold it!)
    Yup, sounds like reduced odds isnt reduced at all!

Something as popular as reg 2 elk should reduce your odds to ZERO %, no doubt. It should not be possible at all to draw a tag like that anytime soon with so many other people applying.

Definitely flawed.

My daughter and I applied separately and both got the same 4.3:1 goat draw. She is stoked for the hunt!
    KCCO

Nothin here. Can't complain.

First time trying and I got a North Island elk draw.
    I have been bouncing off the walls all day with excitement.