Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Leh is out!!!

Re: Leh is out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenmk View Post
    Got a Goat for 4-35. Any info/tips would be great!!
    Zone A or B

8-09 moose in November, can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    SFA again for me and my boy
    he's 10 and just got his license though we had a change at the shared Moose.
    looks like my 30 year curse continues
    did he apply for the age restricted hunts? Pretty good odds there...

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    # of tags and odds # of applications

Shared bison 25 @ 51.3:1/20 @58.2:1 1282/1164

shared moose 2 @ 16:1/14 @15.1:1 32/211

Van island elk 8 @ 76.3:1/ 3 @ 84:1 610/252

goat 14 @ 7.4:1/1 @ 5:1 103/5

sheep 4 @ 203.2:1/4 @ 122:1 812/488

turkey 20 @ 7.5:1/5 @ 10.7:1 150/53

0/6 for myself.
    0/2 for my dad
    1/6 for my son. Hopefully he will get our Christmas turkey. Can’t log onto his account so I don’t know the odds for his leh
    you apply for lots of high odds hunts.....

Nothing for myself or my wife this year. But we can’t complain too much, we seem get get a draw or two most years, but nothing this time. A couple of my buddies got drawn, one of my partners two boys each got an age restricted antlerless elk in the peace, so I might get to tag along on a winter wall tent trip (love those) if my schedule works out.
    Good luck to all who pulled LEH, good luck with BC’s GOS for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Got a group moose in region 5-2. I'm familiar with the area, but still plan on scouting hard.

My first draw in 12 years. I feel its deserved.
    What were the draw odds for this hunt if you don’t mind me asking?

36 years now and still no Island Elk.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by barry1974w View Post
    you apply for lots of high odds hunts.....
    Usually get a goat draw every second yr, can’t remember how many but I’ve had at least 10 tags since I was 18. Dad and I were drawn for moose in 05 & 09( same zone, also taken 3 spike bulls between 2012-16) had a bison draw in 2012, had a few white tail doe draws for 8-14. Why not try for high odds hunts.......go big or go home .....right?
    I can always hunt GOS and shoot elk in my back yard like I’ve done 13 out of the last 18yrs, with my son also taking 3 bulls in the last 4yrs.

Did I say this .... Best of luck to all that were successful in getting an LEH Draw !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I like the LEH potential to hunt goats and sheep so close to home ..... potential. But, i think LEH overall is a system that is not understood well. Their "how does LEH work" document spends way too much effort explaining how the random numbers are generated, as opposed to explaining real-life examples.

For example: How can someone draw back to back region 3 goat tags, when they are supposed to be on reduced odds, and someone who's been applying for 20+ years can't ever get a single draw? Sure, where you apply has some effect on that, of course, but overall, it should be almost impossible for someone to draw back to back tags, for an area that is highly sought after. I'm not talking some obscure EK mountain many are reluctant to apply and drive to with 0.9:1 odds ... i'm talking Lillooet goats that get god knows how many applications.

Maybe it's just me, but i just think people would be less bitter if the system was better explained.
    It took me several readings of the explanation before I got it. Getting randomly assigned a low number in the draw is your best advantage. Even at reduced odds, all you need is someone before you in the line at reduced odds as well to be flagged, they will be ignored and you will be rewarded, IF your choice hasn't been filled yet. Being near the front of the line is your best bet, but getting there is pure random chance.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""