Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Bighorn taken down by Wolf

Re: Alberta Bighorn taken down by Wolf

^^^ was also surprised by that. Thought for sure he would jump and go. Then thought maybe broke neck until he held his head up as getting dragged off

Domestic sheep also seem to just lay down and die once something grabs em (from what I’ve seen anyway).

Kananaskis, Alberta. That portion may not be a park. See many sheep in the Rocky Mountain 'front range' . . .
    Wolf is doing what wolves do . . . .
    They are truly the apex predator . . . social, smart, and relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    That location is just a few meters from "fairly high up".
    That herd is notorious for being visible from the road on a hill just up the highway a few more yards.

Besides salt and green ditch feed, the road attracts sheep as the people tend to keep the wolves laying low.
    Well, the presence of people Used to keep the wolves away, not any more.
    Watch out Little Red.

What was most interesting to me was how the little ram went catatonic at the first touch of the wolf, and remained scared stiff till the end.
    Radium even has a herd most of the time right beside the road.
    Good pint about the salt and helping them stay attracted to the areas.

Think one of the people in the truck said the wolf "Snapped the neck" (or so it appeared) right at "take down".
    I had to watch it a few times because I was also thinking that the lamb was spending a long time in catatonic/shock.
    Hard to believe it could break the neck, but I guess it is possible.
    (Very efficient if that was the case!)

guest Guest

The video should be posted all over Social media sights like face crap etc to show the wolf huggin type like Jazzy here what damage wolves are doing using paved or gravel roads etc.
    So with the lack of Predator Control by several lame governments expect the collapse of Sheep, Moose, Caribou, Elk and Deer to continue till even the Wolf population collapses because of lack of food. Then the slow growth back by several species. We are still on the long down slide. Kill a Wolf Kill a Bear Kill a Yote Kill a Cougar.....help the ungulates.......governments certainly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    The video should be posted all over Social media sights like face crap etc to show the wolf huggin type like Jazzy here what damage wolves are doing using paved or gravel roads etc.
    So with the lack of Predator Control by several lame governments expect the collapse of Sheep, Moose, Caribou, Elk and Deer to continue till even the Wolf population collapses because of lack of food. Then the slow growth back by several species. We are still on the long down slide. Kill a Wolf Kill a Bear Kill a Yote Kill a Cougar.....help the ungulates.......governments certainly are not.
    If you want to help the ungulates then maybe shouldn't kill them.

Here we go again

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    If you want to help the ungulates then maybe shouldn't kill them.
    Hey hey hey I See Jazzys buddy or other ID has arrived on the scene.

To bad you cant contribute to this Hunting Site in ways like others. Its your type of thinking and management of our Wildlife that has got us to where we are today......in steep dive tailspin with no end in site.
    Except the big crash n burn at the bottom when everything is gone.
    Way to go LBM......your pathetic contributions to this site continue.

Do like Treadwell and make best of friends with GBears.
    Last edited by guest; 06-27-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Uhmmmm, this is a "Hunting" website if I recall correctly!??

I am sure assistance can be given to a link to an Anti Site if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Hey hey hey I See Jazzys buddy or other ID has arrived on the scene.

To bad you cant contribute to this Hunting Site in ways like others. Its your type of thinking and management of our Wildlife that has got us to where we are today......in steep dive tailspin with no end in site.
    Except the big crash n burn at the bottom when everything is gone.
    Way to go LBM......your pathetic contributions to this site continue.

Do like Treadwell and make best of friends with GBears.
    Please explain how my type of thinking and management of our wild life has got us to where we are today.
    Are ungulates in trouble are there numbers down are they in a steep dive tailspin with no end in site as you say.
    If as bad as you say then how is killing them helping them is there any conservation.
    Mr Treadwell was killed by a grizzly and this is what you wish on some one, some pretty disturbing thinking.
    Bears, wolves , cougars are nothing to be concerned about compared to some hunters and gun carriers
    and there threats. Some serious MHI out there.