Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Canada and Hunting Big Game

Hybrid View

New to Canada and Hunting Big Game

Hi Guys,
    I moved here (Port Coquitlam) from the UK in February. I have already joined a range and have a bow, which I have been practicing with a lot. I am currently going through my CORE course and aim to have my license all sorted ready for the start of September. I used to hunt quite a bit in the UK but only for small game such as rabbits, hares and fox.
    I'm wondering if anyone would allow me to join them on a hunt or two. Not necessarily to hunt myself but to watch and learn the processes involved.
    I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and look forward to hopefully hearing back from someone.
    Thanks,

Ali
    Last edited by Ali_G; 06-18-2019 at 11:29 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New to Canada and Hunting Big Game

Where are you located?

Forgot to mention. I live in Port Coquitlam.

watch out for bears you will definitely have encounters with grizzlies pretty much every time you go out in the bush

i used to live in poco you cant hunt there but there are lots of places to watch and study deer and bear activity and start to figure out animal habits and how to sneak up on them.

Hey Ali,

I'm in Burnaby and moved here from Wales a few years ago. Welcome to the site

I'm not much of an archer but if you ever fancy coming along while I go out with the rimfire for birds and bunnies, let me know.
    "Dear God, if I die first, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them."

Big Up Yaself for goin bout it the right way. Respek! Fo real, layin a brick here in da woodz may be a bit difint dan the westside of Stianes. But check it, you like go and like have some pillies with the boys on like pint night or something, and get right to givin'r, you'll like have some buds and just like, they'll get you out there and you'll be all "right on" then next thing you know, you're like surviving in the woods against like bears and stuff. AWOOOOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Big Up Yaself for goin bout it the right way. Respek! Fo real, layin a brick here in da woodz may be a bit difint dan the westside of Stianes. But check it, you like go and like have some pillies with the boys on like pint night or something, and get right to givin'r, you'll like have some buds and just like, they'll get you out there and you'll be all "right on" then next thing you know, you're like surviving in the woods against like bears and stuff. AWOOOOO!!
    holy shit Jelvis in da HOUS

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    holy shit Jelvis in da HOUS
    Go on youtube, search Ali G, watch a video or two. Then search 'Giv'r By The River'

But your in da HOUS comment may be referring to the Ali G movie... internet life is hard.

Translation:

[QUOTE=warnniklz;2098299]Big Up Yaself for goin bout it the right way. You're doing things properly, maybe join a rod and gun club. Respek! Fo real, layin a brick here in da woodz may be a bit difint dan the westside of Stianes. Hunting here is probably a little different here in BC in terms of big game. Small game probably isn't a whole lot different. But check it, you like go and like have some pillies with the boys on like pint night or something They have Jimmy Mac's Pint Night every so often close to you. Keep an eye out on the forums to see when the next time they're having it. Maybe host one yourself? Start a thread that states Port Coquitlam and Area Pint Night. Then a bunch of local members meet up at a pub for a bullshit session. , and get right to givin'r, you'll like have some buds you'll make friends after a few drinks and just like, they'll get you out there someone is bound to have you along for grunt work and you'll be all "right on" then next thing you know, you're like surviving in the woods against like bears and stuff soon enough you'll be out there big game hunting. Having hunting background will surely help. AWOOOOO!! AWOOOOO!![/QUOTE]