Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 moose hunt

2019 moose hunt

although plans will change based upon the leh result and I want to start by saying i'm not looking for anyones secret spots and i have been looking at google maps for past months.but if our group is unsuccessful we will being going up north for a general open season moose. I have never harvested a moose and neither has anyone in my group. I feel like I have experience and knowledge of the critter but that being said. I have always just been a deer hunter for the most part and focused on that and now I am trying to just explore everything bc has to offer. I want to hunt all the species that bc has to offer with all of the issues over the last years. I feel like there may not be much time left before everything will all be leh or just not be able to hunt altogether so I want to just take bc in as best i can.

So what I need help with is planning a moose hunt up north prefer to just drive and have a travel trailer and go from there .This year fly in or river boat isn't in the budget. So any help would be amazing spots /places to go are obviously on the top of the list as I don't have a certain spot picked out yet but also gear that people may have not thought of in the past that was a game changer or just general stuff. I hunt every year since I was 12 so I think I have a pretty good idea but I feel like there is no such thing as to mush information. So if anyone could help out with some info or pm me i would greatly appreciate it!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2019 moose hunt

I know it is farther than I would want to go due to budget issues, and it is just about as far as you can go from southern BC and still be in BC but I know several parties who have been successful in the Atlin area.

it is surprisingly busy up there, access to the back country is limited so most access points for 4x4 or quads are jam packed. Ditto for river access. Now with reduced hunting opportunity elsewhere in the province more people are heading north, so more pressure on access spots. beware the new regulations and antler requirements.

Hmmmmm B..give me a call ..if you wish...
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmmm B..give me a call ..if you wish...
    Cheers
    Srupp

Your name is first on my list as soon as LEH comes out!

Call Srupp, knows his stuff and is always willing to help out a fellow hunter. I wish you good luck on your hunt.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Well no leh any help on some.starting road by fort Nelson!

What time of year are you going? Rut or any bull season?

Rut Sept 27 to Oct 11

With those dates, you should be good pretty much anywhere you go. I don't have any experience up there, but I am sure you guys will have a good time. Good luck.