Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Building Alberta Priority Points

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4

    Building Alberta Priority Points

    Does anyone have a simple how to about how to do this? I have a buddy in Alberta trying to help me out on this but neither of us has any experience it going about it. I have my WiN Card and that's as far as I've gotten. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Alberni
    Posts
    6,543

    Arrow Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    You have to apply for their LEH with a current Resident.
    Both your priorities are reduced to which ever one of you has the lower of these.
    If not planning to draw this year, enter 999. That allows you to collect priority points for that species.

    Only a few days left to enter btw...

    Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

    Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

    Guess he got to Know me

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northern Alberta
    Posts
    139

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    Quote Originally Posted by banapplenges View Post
    Does anyone have a simple how to about how to do this? I have a buddy in Alberta trying to help me out on this but neither of us has any experience it going about it. I have my WiN Card and that's as far as I've gotten. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Draw deadline was yesterday.

    However, all you need to do is give your buddy your WIN number and birthday. When he applies for a draw he assigns you as a "group member". Thats it.

    Now understand what ironnoggin pointed out. If your buddy has more status than you, he will drop to your status. (The groups priority is only as high as the lowest members points). So he will most likely want to be drawn before he starts applying with you. Hopefully that makes sense.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,158

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    About all I would add is that there has not been any 999 code for a few years now. It’s “priority application only” now. Small detail, but quite a few people are asking where the 999 code is on Alberta Outdoorsman because people tell them to use it to just gain priority points but then they can’t find it.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    105

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    You and your buddy need to plan the hunts and draws together.
    reason why;
    your buddy applies for mule deer for four years in a row and builds priority four (example)...
    on year five he wants to enter priority only for another year to be in p5 and he enters you in a draw same year, his priority is going down as yours which is zero...

    he starts from zero and you build same priority in five years, you are both five.
    he decides to get a tag on year six and you cant do it, guess where your priority goes on year six as you need to apply with resident...

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,126

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    Quote Originally Posted by Daka View Post
    You and your buddy need to plan the hunts and draws together.
    reason why;
    your buddy applies for mule deer for four years in a row and builds priority four (example)...
    on year five he wants to enter priority only for another year to be in p5 and he enters you in a draw same year, his priority is going down as yours which is zero...

    he starts from zero and you build same priority in five years, you are both five.
    he decides to get a tag on year six and you cant do it, guess where your priority goes on year six as you need to apply with resident...
    I've had a few coffees this morning but that is not helping me understand what you're saying....

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cranbrook
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    Quote Originally Posted by Daka View Post
    he decides to get a tag on year six and you cant do it, guess where your priority goes on year six as you need to apply with resident...
    If the resident decides to draw a tag and the non-resident doesn't, then the non-resident stays at the same priority level he or she was at.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,126

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    If the resident decides to draw a tag and the non-resident doesn't, then the non-resident stays at the same priority level he or she was at.
    Daka's whole post is incorrect.

    People should just ignore it all.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cranbrook
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Building Alberta Priority Points

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Daka's whole post is incorrect.

    People should just ignore it all.
    Haha yep, I was confused reading it the first time then realized what he was trying to say.....

    Completely wrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •