Thread: M.u. 8-5

M.u. 8-5

I am considering a property just South of Sunday Summit and just North of Princeton on Hwy.3. I know that I have seen plenty of deer, the odd moose and that this could be an elk corridor but....my question is... how good is the hunting? I dont want to spend the cash if it's not very productive. I have not spent time there and there isn't enough time to scout and see as I need to pull the trigger ASAP. Can you all help me out?
    Resident Hunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: M.u. 8-5

I'm a bit unsure of your description "South of Sunday Summit and North of Princeton" as Sunday Summit is South West of Princeton?
    I do almost all of my hunting in MU 8-5 from Princeton to Tulameen and in between, there is lots of game in the area, just have to find them.

You will find more hunters than game. Princeton is a gong show in my opinion and I would never go back. Save your money!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    You will find more hunters than game. Princeton is a gong show in my opinion and I would never go back. Save your money!!
    Just what we that hunt that area want to hear!! Like anywhere there's great days and not so great days. If the dirt works the hunting will be a learning curve. I've seen more Elk of late between Sunday summit and Princeton that any other critters. Buy, learn, enjoy
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

My advice is buy a cabin for the sake of owning a cabin. Look closely at weather that suits your lifestyle or not.
    You will always find things to hunt no matter where the cabin is.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Just what we that hunt that area want to hear!! Like anywhere there's great days and not so great days. If the dirt works the hunting will be a learning curve. I've seen more Elk of late between Sunday summit and Princeton that any other critters. Buy, learn, enjoy
    Haven't personally seen any Elk this year in the area but way more Mule Deer bucks seen than normal.
    In past years have seen a few herds of Elk at the Mine Hill and lots NE of Princeton.
    Have yet to see a bear but I'm not looking for them, unlike my Son and a fellow HBCer who is in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Haven't personally seen any Elk this year in the area but way more Mule Deer bucks seen than normal.
    In past years have seen a few herds of Elk at the Mine Hill and lots NE of Princeton.
    Have yet to see a bear but I'm not looking for them, unlike my Son and a fellow HBCer who is in the area.
    I've seen two just north of your place, one happily grazing in the grass across for the go cart track!! LOL

BTW. 100% agree with the amount of bucks, some already have racks to be proud of!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Now there will even be more hunters. Lol. Just like I said. I had a great area once until one partner posted on here about it. Next thing we knew, it was swarmed by tonnes of guys. Good luck Princeton hunters. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I've seen two just north of your place, one happily grazing in the grass across for the go cart track!! LOL

BTW. 100% agree with the amount of bucks, some already have racks to be proud of!
    Just got off the phone with the Son, he was out this AM bear hunting. Saw a number of smaller ones but chose not to shoot. Then came across a larger one, in the middle of the road. It didn't move, he got out and watched it for 15 - 20 minutes, it just stayed there and watched him. He thought it was acting more like a sow with cubs. He finally decided it's time to shoot just as a cub walked out. Didn't shoot.
    The only time I've actually been out hunting and saw Elk was NE of Princeton when a large herd ran across the road in front of the truck. We laughed and said "if it wasn't out of season, if we had tags and if we had something better than .410's we coulda filled the freezer.

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the community here.
    Resident Hunter