Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha Viking fuel economy?

Re: Yamaha Viking fuel economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    Fuel economy is generally meaningless, but tank size isn't. It's called range.
    While this certainly true, its pretty easy to through an extra 5 gallon jerry can in the box.

A great choice the viking is. The company I work for uses side by sides and we have bought many different models. They gave me a 2014 viking. I added a spacer lift and 27" meats. This unit has been a favorite! I always take spare fuel on hunting trips but I hardly ever need it. With the bigger tires the odo/speedo reads slow and I still get over 200km to a tank. Comfort/leg room is better than any polaris/can am/kawi I have been in. I just recieved a new 2019 ranger 1000. Its a pretty cool rig but the viking still has it beat in comfort and just plain usefulness. Price wise they are as cheap as a side by side comes!

Great comments guys. Thanks, I Appreciate them. Thanks also for the PM's. More thoughts are welcome.

The Polaris 570 Midsize is also a great hunting rig...Ive had mine (2016 powersteering model) for 3 years now. Its got about 7000 kms on it now and hasn't had a single problem.

I've added 27" tires, windshield, top, wiper kit, heater kit and winch...the midsize will get you into much tighter areas than a full size and in 3 years its packed 3 moose plus multiple deer and beer.

Just another possible option for you to look at....

My BIL has a Viking. Mileage is slightly worse than my carburated grizzly 660
    He added a second muffler and the optional top cylinder head motor mount. Really helped with engine vibration.

On another note my dad has a 2016 ranger ETX it’s only 320cc but it’s a great unit. Plenty fast enough, hauled a 50” bull moose out in one trip last year. Has a huge fuel tank and gets best milage out of all our machines.