Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archery Shop in the Lower Mainland?

Re: Archery Shop in the Lower Mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Boormans. Maybe its just me but I never got along with the gal in there. Not the best customer service IMO. I'll be going to Wayne's from now on.

Maybe you are just not her type
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Maybe you are just not her type
    True. Could be that.... or maybe I just don't get along with condensceding crabby people who are not all that great at their job. I dunno

I like boormans, stay away from north van place, tried it once, guy screwed up my bow. I had to back to boorman to repair it lol

wayne meyers big game archery..

yup Just Shooting Arrows is the place to go forsure !

Quote Originally Posted by tko View Post
    I like boormans, stay away from north van place, tried it once, guy screwed up my bow. I had to back to boorman to repair it lol
    Funny, I bought my RX-1 at Boormans. Lucien at Just Shooting Arrows showed me how far off it was from right. He got the timing all synced, adjusted draw length to suit me better etc. I have now bought couple dozen arrows and parts from him.

Had my cams and strings on my RX1 turbo warrantied at Boorman and the new strings were installed in the wrong orientation... would only draw to 1/2 draw.

Blew my mind that after they installed new cams and strings that they didn't put it on the draw board to check timing etc and discover the problem.

Boorman is a no-go for me

Other than Boorman's I haven't been to any of the other archery shops that have been mentioned. I can say that as someone who was new to archery each person that I had dealt with at Boorman's was extremely receptive to all my questions and were full of helpful tips and tricks to help me get into hunting. I would recommend it to anyone, I can't speak about the poor customer service, but both I and my brother have gone there and it's always been fantastic.

Only been to boormans once
    never again.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

I recommend Boormans in New West. I took my first bow to the "Pro" at Just Shooting Arrows (Surrey) and the draw length module came loose while in his possession and wore a groove into the lower limb. He offered to take care of me then sent me to voicemail and didnt return my call.

I haven't had a bow tuned at Boormans but they've always been good to me during my visits, and they've even let me square my arrows on the weekend with their arrow squaring device. I recommend dropping by on the weekend for some hunting stories.