Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge hills provincial mulies

Edge hills provincial mulies

I'm brand new on here but I'm wondering if anyone has some experience hunting in the edge hills? I've never been up that way and never strayed from the okanagan for mule deer, mostly hunting in and around okanagan park.

A friend of mine, who's an ontario resident, contacted me out of the blue and asked if i could take him on a mule deer hunt this coming fall. He confessed that he was diagnosed with MS last year and he's moving to BC this spring because alot of things on his bucket list are out here, one of which is shooting a decent mulie buck while on a true back country hunt. He's fully licensed to hunt in ontario and he's done a bit of hunting on his own, but hasn't had any success yet, other than grouse. He's only 25 and extremely great shape, so I'm not worried about his ability to hack-it on a late season hunt, so i started looking for some back country mulie spots. The edge hills provincial park caught my eye due to it's similarity to Okanagan park with being burnt, water down low, and bone dry up top. I'm planning on driving up there sometime this summer to get a lay of the land, but summer scouting is hardly useful for finding animals come November. We're hoping to do a 7-10 day hunt by taking the boat on the Fraser river, possibly throwing in a little duck hunting if we need a break from glassing. Any feedback on populations/quality of bucks and accessibility by boat in this area would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Nate.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Edge hills provincial mulies

I would also like to know
    I'm not really looking for anything small as nov is a four point only season so a real wall hanger would be nice
    thanks in advance

Nope, very few deer since the fire, deer just never really came back........lol

I'm interested in the area too, I'm just waiting for the LEH draw to confirm I got a ram draw there.

Yea if someone could tell me where i could find a 180 class deer or bigger that i could shoot close to a road that would really help me out. Im getting tired of carrying these dam things.

You should have opened with s joke

There are deer everywhere, just going some place and expecting to shoot a trophy class buck is a long shot, a trophy buck won't be any easier in edge hills as it will be close to home I assure you that. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    You should have opened with s joke
    Biggest mule deer I ever dun saw was up Harrison far !

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Biggest mule deer I ever dun saw was up Harrison far !
    not bad, 6/10. Not good enough for the secret location of trophy bucks. I will tell you where the trophy grouse are though

If you are taking a boat, you wont need binoculars as you will only be able to see about 150m up from the river. Its steep down by the river you wont be able to climb up in a lot of places, plus the ground is sand gravel which makes climbing touch. Like I said this is along the river.

Never seen a duck (one that you would want to eat) in the fraser either up that high.

If you have access to a jet boat there are way better places to try an hunt mulies then in that lilloet country. And like someone else mentioned a trophy to boot will be tough.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.