Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: First solo camping trip in the koots

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34

    First solo camping trip in the koots

    So next week I'm heading to six mile lakes area around nelson to do some fishing and maybe sit for some small game if I'm up for it. I'm new here from ontario and have never had a bear encounter before. I'm bringing my 12 gauge and slugs for grizz protection. Anything else I need to consider? We dont have grizz back east lol.....

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    143

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    beauty spot. Fish are small. Bush is dense. Some logging roads that go up each side of the valley. Might be able to sneak a view in the slide paths. Like I said though, the bush is dense. A good mix of black and grizzly bears back in that zone. Good adventure if you do head in there. Have fun. Stay safe.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    okanagan
    Posts
    2,894

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chris View Post
    So next week I'm heading to six mile lakes area around nelson to do some fishing and maybe sit for some small game if I'm up for it. I'm new here from ontario and have never had a bear encounter before. I'm bringing my 12 gauge and slugs for grizz protection. Anything else I need to consider? We dont have grizz back east lol.....
    bear spray is just seasoning for your meat as the grizz chews on yo ass

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bush near a lake
    Posts
    6,456

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    Grizzly respect dominance so piss all over your tent and if you cross paths with a grizzly a titty twister will put him in his place

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    34

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Grizzly respect dominance so piss all over your tent and if you cross paths with a grizzly a titty twister will put him in his place
    Who knows, he might like it

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lowermainland
    Posts
    577

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    .. anyone ignoring the fact that nobody asked buddy what small game is open in the regs?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,519

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    most prolly think he is trolling...new to province but going hunting...ya sure!!!...if he was a hunter he would know that

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    okanagan
    Posts
    2,894

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    most prolly think he is trolling...new to province but going hunting...ya sure!!!...if he was a hunter he would know that
    he specifically said small game...which he can hunt as a new res

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Posts
    3,436

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    My first over night backpack camping trip was up there, walked in from the highway. spring of '64, we used to get some fine trout there, but, then the access was improved and KFP logged above a spawning area, late '60s.........may go back next month.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,519

    Re: First solo camping trip in the koots

    Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    he specifically said small game...which he can hunt as a new res
    sorry my bad!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •