Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Ranchers Ever Lose Calves to Black Bears

Re: Do Ranchers Ever Lose Calves to Black Bears

Ranchers are often a bit conflicted but, generally speaking, if it ain't a cow or a horse, it ain't fit to live. The first time I saw a bear-killed cow, it was my grandfather's milk cow. I've seen quite few since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Even though i am contributing to the derailment .... what does post #25 have to do with whether or not bears kill ranchers calves ?
    Let me answer that 0.0
    Actually the post was out of concern of what is being said that some have seen ranchers do and it has been said in more then one post in this thread.
    Its of concern of wildlife conservation.
    Do ranchers loose cattle to black bears sure, should that give them a right to go kill or do what ever they want to other wildlife, IMO no.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Actually the post was out of concern of what is being said that some have seen ranchers do and it has been said in more then one post in this thread.
    Do ranchers loose cattle to black bears sure, should that give them a right to go kill or do what ever they want to other wildlife, IMO no.
    LBM, can you back up the bullshit you peddle.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    LBM, can you back up the bullshit you peddle.
    what are you refering to. And should say some not all ranchers, I no some very good ones.

what are you refering to. And should say some not all ranchers, I no some very good ones.
    Don’t throw out statements that paint all with the same brush unless you can back what you say LBM.
    Glad to see you back peddled on your statement.
    What have you personally done lately for the good of wildlife?
    Chirping off on here doesn’t count.

It gives them the right to kill bears that are threatening their livestock IMO which is on track with the OP question .....and I am pretty sure the law supports that

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    It gives them the right to kill bears that are threatening their livestock IMO which is on track with the OP question .....and I am pretty sure the law supports that
    If the law supports it then why the SSS mentioned here by more then one person.

?? Maybe simpler than having to explain how things work to people like you ?

Do you think maybe others on here peddle BS as well?
    HBC is famous for comments that can’t be backed with truth.
    The law supports the shooting of bears in the act of harassing or killing livestock.
    It had best be provable that the killing of the bear was warranted.
    Im not saying the old SSS rule is never applied....but you don’t need to be a rancher to pull that off.
    I bet a share of SSS jobs are pulled off because a bear happened to crap in someone’s yard or raided their stinking garbage can.
    The majority of ranchers have an appreciation for wildlife.....they also seem to take a lot of badmouthing from a few within the hunting community.
    I wonder how many of the big mouth, BS peddlers are spewing their crap because somewhere in the past some rancher kicked the dudes sorry ass off his ranch because he was hunting there uninvited?

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I had the tags anyway. No big deal really
    Um yah it sorta does, if you hadn't cut the tags when unnecessary you coulda taken 2 more fawn killers out legally.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.