Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Ranchers Ever Lose Calves to Black Bears

Re: Do Ranchers Ever Lose Calves to Black Bears

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Blackies LOVE deer Fawns and Moose Calves ! Black bear are Predators - and DEAD ones are the BEST ! RJ
    totally agree...you got to weed your garden if you want the good stuff to grow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I've killed 2 black bears in full charge after our sheep, killed 3 more that were creeping towards lambs. I was a bit choked to cancel bear tags because bear hunting for us is always kinda fun and relaxed, but we get two tags a year, and using the tags eliminated excess paperwork.
    You could have done that with out bear tags because you are allowed to protect live stock .

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    You could have done that with out bear tags because you are allowed to protect live stock .
    I had the tags anyway. No big deal really
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sure there more than a few ranchers .........SSS.........
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    Bears love babies. Be it human or animal. They eat everything. I know some ranchers in bc that SSS when it comes to bears. A large mature boar can kill a surprising amount of cows once they realize how. Dumb the cows are
    Interesting comment lots of ranchers dont like elk, deer or other ungulates either wonder if they do the same to them. Lots of ungulates have died because of some ranchers.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Interesting comment lots of ranchers dont like elk, deer or other ungulates either wonder if they do the same to them. Lots of ungulates have died because of some ranchers.
    I don’t honestly know. I’ve heard rumours of ranchers allowing fn to “harvest” elk/deer off their land, but no first hand knowledge. And that’s not a shot at fn, just what I’ve heard. Could be anyone for all I know.

[QUOTE=gcreek;2097110]There are some here who prefer not to hear my opinion so will keep it short.

Guess I'll just have to wait till the fall to hear the longer "unabridged"opinion ...

A trip to Weyburn Sk in the middle of a prairie blizzard is a teachable moment about carbon taxation.
    Last edited by panhead; 06-13-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    I don’t honestly know. I’ve heard rumours of ranchers allowing fn to “harvest” elk/deer off their land, but no first hand knowledge. And that’s not a shot at fn, just what I’ve heard. Could be anyone for all I know.

The guy that owned the ranch on copper crk road in Kamloops,(10yrs ago-ish) used to let Indians shoot does.
    Pretty sure he went back to the prairies, I dont think he fit in all that well in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    This is most likely what happened to the missing Elk in the east koots, unknown numbers of Elk shot (cows) on private land.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    This is most likely what happened to the missing Elk in the east koots, unknown numbers of Elk shot (cows) on private land.
    Very interesting observation...so basically a portion of "all the game has disappeared" is GASP!! White farmers letting "injuns" shoot elk/does/deer on their farms to help the domestic animals survive better? Wonder if the average Indian basher ever thought of that. Lol