Thread: ATV / Snowmobile restrictions

ATV / Snowmobile restrictions

Hi everyone
    FYI My group has been invited up to 5-13 to a friends property for a hunt this fall. We, of course, put in our LEH draws for this area hoping to get lucky. I check the reg's ( after the fact ) and there is a restriction in place regarding snowmobiles and atv's. They are not allowed in the entire 5-13 area. I checked back on this form to see if that included private land which a few believed it did not. Anyway, i phoned the regional office in Williams lake where I was told that the synopsis applied to crown land only. They weren't 100 % sure so gave me a number to call in 100 Mile. Bottom line, the restriction applies to all land in 5-13 including private land since 2007. Oh well. Looks like we'll put a lot of miles on our boots.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV / Snowmobile restrictions

Licensed dual sport motorcycle comes to mind. lol
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Licensed dual sport motorcycle comes to mind. lol
    Enduro would be perfect.
    Time to go shopping.

Why is there a restriction? How can they implement this restriction on private land?

The restriction includes motorcycles as well (I forgot to metion that). They are in place for cariboo recovery as I was told. How long?? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm at a loss as to how they can tell a land owner how to go about their business.

That was put in in 1985 (1986maybe), thanks to the local guides. Sept1 -Dec1
    Pretty sure a dualsport licensed bike is ok tho? for sure a jeep/tracker.

If you've been invited to deer hunt private land along west fraser road you have a good chance of success.

If you're going for moose, they are very few and very far between.
    You will see more wolf tracks than you can imagine possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
    Hi everyone
    FYI My group has been invited up to 5-13 to a friends property for a hunt this fall. We, of course, put in our LEH draws for this area hoping to get lucky. I check the reg's ( after the fact ) and there is a restriction in place regarding snowmobiles and atv's. They are not allowed in the entire 5-13 area. I checked back on this form to see if that included private land which a few believed it did not. Anyway, i phoned the regional office in Williams lake where I was told that the synopsis applied to crown land only. They weren't 100 % sure so gave me a number to call in 100 Mile. Bottom line, the restriction applies to all land in 5-13 including private land since 2007. Oh well. Looks like we'll put a lot of miles on our boots.
    Nobody can restrict you from riding on private property, only crown land. Who ever told you this information is full of shit.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

The regulations apply to game animals and apply to all lands where you are allowed to hunt.
    This area 5-13 works well with the present regs for hunting. If it was opened up to ATVs the deer would be slaughtered.
    Their safety today is away from the beaten path or in Town. Hunters today don't seem to like taking that nice walk in the bush, "Why do that when we can DRIVE?"
    Yes I have an ATV, When fall rolls around it sits in the shed.

ATV - SNOWMOBILE Restrictions will NEVER be lifted ! RJ