Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Fishing season Thread

Re: 2019 Fishing season Thread

Some pennask bows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	764 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	7442  

I have to say it's nice seeing so many out there fishing etc.
    Also like that many of the BC Interior Lakes for Trout are doing much better again in terms of Management.

We went out here in the Fraser Valley to a lake we used to enjoy (before partying with a backdrop became trendy and social media blew up everything) Last several years I know what to expect, but somehow talk myself into it then wonder what the heck I was thinking. Few found a few minutes of serenity here and there, but can't say it was worth seeing all the garbage, human waste, traffic, "redneck wannabes" (that is actually a thing in the LML) and terrible music blasting until 4AM. Never again... for real this time!!

OH! And never EVER buy a Sevylor Inflatable boat (ie: fish hunter and what not) ... it used to be a good product but the manufacturing and designs changed several years ago. Now they are crazy fragile death traps (last one lasted over a decade and is still not too shabby... new one complete write-off after two uses... valves are crap and vinyl is like 1-ply TP)

Anyway, rant done here's a picture of some mountains and "meat trout" (LOL) we brought home... don't care if they never grow big because we're not going back to "that" place. It's nice to be home. Hopefully we'll be back to our regular fishing circuit soon and I'll sound less like a cranky old man

Hmmm 14 days at............ ( ) lake..lol
    Flyfishing only..chronomids..with one 23 inch on leech pattern.
    48 fish..biggest was over 31 inches released.
    Kept 2 fish each 27.5 inches..7.1 pounds. 13.55 inch girth..looked like a steelhead
    Dont know how to post photos.
    The last rainbow was THE best fight on fly ive experienced...30 foot cast..stripped into backing deep..numerous times

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm 14 days at............ ( ) lake..lol
    Flyfishing only..chronomids..with one 23 inch on leech pattern.
    48 fish..biggest was over 31 inches released.
    Kept 2 fish each 27.5 inches..7.1 pounds. 13.55 inch girth..looked like a steelhead
    Dont know how to post photos.
    The last rainbow was THE best fight on fly ive experienced...30 foot cast..stripped into backing deep..numerous times
    I miss fishing out that way

Hmmm ironically caddis hatch was exceptional also.
    Special shout out to Dennis from 100 mile house with his chronomid set up...thank you.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm ironically caddis hatch was exceptional also.
    Special shout out to Dennis from 100 mile house with his chronomid set up...thank you.
    Steven
    Love the caddis hatches there... so thick they get all over your gear LOL... trout flying high and slapping the surface making it look like the lake is boiling. I always put on my biggest deer / elk hair caddis fly and smack it around on the surface a bit... even if there's 100000 other flies to pick from they always hit mine. I've had a couple smack it before it hits the water, either while casting not realizing it's dangling close to the water while I'm releasing another fish. One lake in particular... not going to name it but I bet you know it better than I do
    Last edited by caddisguy; 06-16-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Great work everyone, looks like you folks are slaying them out there...

Quote Originally Posted by sako04 View Post
    Some pennask bows
    Nice one, how big??

Did someone say Caddis?
    Been tying these in the off season and ready to get them wet (I know, I am a little late)

And then a few more that I like to use (Although Pheasant Tail Mayfly is missing)