Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New amendments prohibit camping, off-leash dogs on conservation land-SOUTH COAST

New amendments prohibit camping, off-leash dogs on conservation land-SOUTH COAST

VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – Changes to the public use of conservation lands is coming, which will affect how you are able to use them.
    People will no longer be able to use these lands in the South Coast region for camping, campfires and off-leash dogs in the following wildlife management areas:

• Bert Brink
    • Boundary Bay
    • Coquitlam River
    • Lhá:lt/Harrison-Chehalis
    • Pemberton Wetlands
    • Pitt-Addington Marsh
    • Roberts Bank
    • Serpentine
    • Skwelwil’em Squamish Estuary
    • South Arm Marshes
    • Sturgeon Bank

These changes come after amendments to the Wildlife Act Wildlife Management Area Use and Access Regulation.
    Conservation-designated land is meant to preserve the land for wildlife and fish. The public is able to use these wildlife management areas for recreational use and scientific research.
    According to the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, these amendments will not affect traditional First Nations titles to land or any practices on the land.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New amendments prohibit camping, off-leash dogs on conservation land-SOUTH COAST

And the ratchet tightens.

Re: New amendments prohibit camping, off-leash dogs on conservation land-SOUTH COAST

will be interesting to see how they enforce this, especially all the dog walkers. I frequent a few of those spots with the pupper myself, so we will see how it goes. soon we will need permission to leave the house to go onto public land...

Here we go yet again. Another example of a two sided regulation that doesn't effect certain group.

What the £uck ?! Found map.
    Last edited by limit time; 06-07-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    What the £uck ?! Found map.
    Where is the map? Curious to see the latest "unauthorized zones"

It's going to be like the hunger games soon.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Where is the map? Curious to see the latest "unauthorized zones"

It's going to be like the hunger games soon.
    I just typed in the area I wanted to see and it took me to a government web site.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    will be interesting to see how they enforce this, especially all the dog walkers. I frequent a few of those spots with the pupper myself, so we will see how it goes. soon we will need permission to leave the house to go onto public land...
    ^^^^yes, yes and yes.

Good luck enforcing that. It will need to be a pretty intimidating officer that gets me to show ID and accept a citation for running the pupper in the marsh.

All part of agenda 21, "keep the people off the land"