Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region 2 griz

Re: Region 2 griz

Yep looks like perfect hunting weather from now until Saturday or Sunday last time I checked. Pretty much 5am to 10pm... 17 hour hunting shift makes for a lot of opportunity to run into a bruin.

Region 2 Griz, they seem to be in every region now with no LEH. Let's hope that changes and the gov't re-opens the griz season

There are a bunch of new signs up from Squamish to Lillooet about being in grizzly country.

That said, I haven't seen on in Region 2 proper, just close by in Region 3, but I believe they are migrating this way.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I have been telling folks that the Grizz are moving in fast - saw my first one in Reg. 2 about 14 years ago.Back then,when I told folks, people just thought I did not know my black bears from Grizz. .
    They are just going to get more comfortable with the abundant food “we” offer & and realize they have little to fear from us....just like the black bears have learned very quickly.

Good grizz sign up brandywine area

Good Stuff.

Should show the CO's so they can put some signs up.
    Maybe that will slow down traffic?

It’s a sow

As for the grizzly moving into region 2 they have been there as long as I can remember. Their numbers might be increasing and likely new ones moving in but this not a new thing. The western region 2 MUs hold a fair number in pockets and they are scattered in lower numbers in most of region 2. I have personally seen grizzly near Ross lake, north end of Stave lake, Jones lake, and north east Harrison. Animals go where they please and there is lots of animals that most people just don’t see

Numerous grizz close to towns in region 2 than most people think. Some sightings don't make the news...

I used to do some work on Squamish reserve and i asked a native guy about Grizz up there..if there were many. He smiled and said there are many he sees while doing fish counts for DOF. The DOF and CO's want it kept quiet. He told me there are plenty just back side of Grouse Mtn and headwaters of Indian River, Mamquam, and Elaho. No shortage!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    It’s a sow

As for the grizzly moving into region 2 they have been there as long as I can remember. Their numbers might be increasing and likely new ones moving in but this not a new thing. The western region 2 MUs hold a fair number in pockets and they are scattered in lower numbers in most of region 2. I have personally seen grizzly near Ross lake, north end of Stave lake, Jones lake, and north east Harrison. Animals go where they please and there is lots of animals that most people just don’t see
    Definitely up Pitt, Alouette, Stave and Harrison/Chehalis Lakes. Tight country with lots of bear traffic and only a matter of time before someone will have an encounter with one.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.