Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 2 griz

Region 2 griz

Took my son up to check one of our trail cams this weekend, we've been having poor luck getting into bears so far this spring and Saturday was more of the same. Did have some interesting footage to review when we got home though, apparently we had just missed what I think is the same bear I had at 60 yards with bow in hand in October before he crashed off into the timber.

Also had a good sized grizzly cruise by at the beginning of the month...followed just a few days later by an off leash dog and it's oblivious owner 40+ yards behind it. Any opinions on boar vs sow? Much closer to Vancouver than most people would guess, most of the rec users around there have no idea there are even bears in the area...I should laminate a few screenshots of this fella and post them around, might quiet the area down for a few weeks and give me half a chance of putting some more burger in the freezer before the season ends

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 2 griz

Looks like a sow to me...small wrists & short body, but a mature bear.

Many more of these to follow in region two. Then a few not so pleasant bear encounters, with those that live and love.... Sorry folks, but the world is changing with the lack of Grizz hunting. Get out and put some black bears in the freezer.

yup, thin wrists makes me think female.

I saw that pop up on my YouTube earlier... neat find for sure. Makes me wonder where the heck you're hunting these days but seeing the blacktail after I know the answer is fairly inland.

I hope you'll bump into that black bear... still some time left

Great video. You have a good eye. The birds look like robins or varied thrushes based on shape, size, and movement. Thanks!

Coyote, I think thats a piece of fur hanging off his neck....mange.

Very cool, thanks for sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    Many more of these to follow in region two. Then a few not so pleasant bear encounters, with those that live and love.... Sorry folks, but the world is changing with the lack of Grizz hunting. Get out and put some black bears in the freezer.
    Lots of bbears hitting the dust this season, we've been hard at it trying to do our part this year as well. You're right though, had just as many rec users walk down that corridor this month alone than we have in 2 years, not one with visible (accessible) bear spray. Probably the same people that petitioned to have the griz hunt and certain firearms banned, those same people are pretty quick to state that they should have brought a gun once they realize they're in bear country.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I saw that pop up on my YouTube earlier... neat find for sure. Makes me wonder where the heck you're hunting these days but seeing the blacktail after I know the answer is fairly inland.

I hope you'll bump into that black bear... still some time left
    That's the same spot I've been picking your brain about brother, wasn't whitetails that pushed those BT out! So many rec users last weekend, going back up to that burn next weekend and sticking with that spot from now on unless I can make it up to this spot on a weekday, it's light out until damn near 10pm now though so might just make that happen next week. Walked out of my apartment this morning, saw the weather and instantly thought what the hell am I even going to work for, grab the bow, throw some pro bars in the backpack and get out in the mountains... unfortunately we're short staffed at the moment so that's out of the question, might try and get up for a poke early next week though, time is really ticking on this spot now but the game ain't over yet!