Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Re: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    No need to be alarmed Bugle, side discussions with a bit of heat are essential marketing ploys.
    Since I bumped up your thread, viewer count has tripled.
    That's a good thing.
    If it gets locked, a new one can be started. That's really not a big or even a little deal.

Or, as I queried, the thread will be moved to the Recipe or Gear forum, like Mods are doing with other heated threads.
    Not alarmed or worried.
    Just disappointed that the topic of "where CWD" is being spotted etc becomes a topic of to bait or not to bait (make it a different thread).
    I get it is easy to go "sideways" on threads, guilty of it myself I suppose at times.

To me, just makes coming here etc seem "Counter Productive" or even "informative" for that matter.
    I can see why so many have left HBC.
    Some being gone was good, but many I enjoyed on here.
    Some had good points but "can never just play nice" I suppose.
    Finger pointing never ended up being useful in the end, especially if it is directed "sideways" in the "chain of command".

Was apart of a Company who had a lot of potential (just like BC could with it's wildlife and hunting opportunities).
    Boss didn't understand the workers and only saw one way to make money.
    Foreman were shareholders who only saw cutting corners as a way to "scoop more profits" in their pockets.
    Workers asked to do impossible things and the foremans didn't care because it cost money.
    Boss didn't want to hear it and to take it up with foremans etc, so round and round we went. (just like now in BC)
    And, in the end all the workers could do to vent was take jabs at other workers or only "look out after themselves" (sounds familiar).
    Pretty "Universal" as to what happens when the system is FUBAR.
    Needles to say, a company that had so much potential and possibilities is now "out of business"!!
    HMMM...…So I ask.....
    Where do you think we are headed??????

Bugle,

Baiting and other aspects of hunting such as FN participation in conservation programs are part and parcel of the CWD discussion.

I don't concern myself with the ethics of baiting, but do consider possible disease transmission from baiting to be worth discussing.

You have successfully accomplished spreading the CWD word with this thread, at an inflated rate thanks to the sidebar debates.

Educating the masses takes a massive amount of exposure.
    It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black, you want might to look at your own over reactions when someone disagrees with you.
    To bad you edited your post it explained things better when you first wrote it. He is not the only one that does the same thing that he attacks others for doing,
    but and a couple of his followers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Bugle,

Baiting and other aspects of hunting such as FN participation in conservation programs are part and parcel of the CWD discussion.

I don't concern myself with the ethics of baiting, but do consider possible disease transmission from baiting to be worth discussing.

You have successfully accomplished spreading the CWD word with this thread, at an inflated rate thanks to the sidebar debates.

Educating the masses takes a massive amount of exposure.
    It's all good.
    Yup, Debate and Incidences definitely "Create Exposure".
    Only have to look at the States and mass shootings and the gun control debate to see how it stays in the "spotlight".
    But we all know hgow threads "get locked" and thus fall out of site and iscussion.
    Egrre debate is good so if food plots and should or should not be discussion wants to happen, it should.
    Just on a separate thread, imo.
    Then it's up to those folks to debate and "keep it civil".
    This was just to show folks "how close it is being reported", imo.

As for food plots (since we are in this circle of discussion), agree they could be a form of helping spread transmission.
    But so are winter feeding programs and farmland in the winter.
    I can also say this "there are many Natural Winter Areas" where tons of game congregate annually.
    I know of an area where hundreds of MD would hang in during the winter and finds dozens upon dozens of sheds.
    Again, a "Natural Area", not human induced, and just as much a way to spread it.

Even in Alberta, from my understanding they have considered this, but with "mixed results".
    I think even the leading Bios of MD think banning plots is a waste of time!

I think the Food Plot Debate is more about being pissed off that some are changing the games "Patterns" while they are out hunting and don't have
    plots.
    I think CWD is a "Veil" that they use to hide the true issue they have with Food Plots.

This could be a 10 page debate and reasons why or why not, imo.
    Truth is, you can ban plots from public lands etc, but there are many farm fileds out there on private land that can be used a food plots.
    Alberta comes to mind, but we have that in BC also.
    Then it comes down to "what you own" or "who you know".
    Keeping legal food plots allows "everybody" to have a chance to experience the same kind of hunt.

For me, I don't hunt that way and probably never will.
    Not because I am against it, but because I don't live close to an area where I could be in there every week with feed.
    Nor do I have the income to do so if I was around an area.
    If did, who knows, maybe I would hunt using food plots???

Still "not going to stop CWD spreading".
    Sooner or later, Deer have to F**k.
    And F'ing leads to all sorts of transmissions, imo!!
    There, I have said my 2 bits.

So, any new reports of CWD?????

The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Nugent makes some good points there.
    Really, the best we can do is find a cure.
    Anything else will fall short.