Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Re: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    So let's regulate!!!!!!!
    Regulations of any kind towards hunting or agricultural could only slow the spread of CWD at best. This could be a worthwhile measure if CWD reaches BC but it only buys time at best. Regulate is clearly not the answer to CWD but can be a tool in slowing the spread well efforts/research into developing a solution can be done.

Personally see no issue in putting in effort to limit the spread of CWD but I am of the mind set efforts into a cure are the only answer

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Regulations of any kind towards hunting or agricultural could only slow the spread of CWD at best. This could be a worthwhile measure if CWD reaches BC but it only buys time at best. Regulate is clearly not the answer to CWD but can be a tool in slowing the spread well efforts/research into developing a solution can be done.

Personally see no issue in putting in effort to limit the spread of CWD but I am of the mind set efforts into a cure are the only answer

Best overlook harvest and transportation of infected wildlife because they are immune to regulation and accountability.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Best overlook harvest and transportation of infected wildlife because they are immune to regulation and accountability.
    Transportation of un tested wildlife from areas with CWD into B.C. is another thing that comes with risk and not once did I state it should be ignored. This is probably one of the highest risk ways CWD can spread to BC

This still does not justify the practice of baiting when CWD is a factor. At present time it’s not an issue but once CWD reaches BC I would call the lose of baiting except able as a step in limiting the spread. So at this time bait is not a factor to bother with

If baiting was proven to have benefits to wildlife that out weighed the risk of increasing CWD I may have a different opinion. Presently baiting debate for or against is of little importance as CWD is not present in BC. BC’s focus should be on support on a solution to CWD before it reaches BC but I am not going to except logic

At present with no CWD cases proven in BC I would stand against a bait ban and support those who practice baiting. But when CWD is present limiting the spread of CWD and attempting to protect herd health takes priority over hunters right to bait

Either way 3 weeks left so not my problem hopefully CWD never reaches BC and you can continue to bait without worry of CWD being a factor

You are asking a midget to be tall
    Your the "Keyboard Champ."
    What were the names of those Bios that you speak of, maybe I can get the story first hand.

Not only will the ministry look a baiting plus salting for cervids. They will be taking a good look at any and all winter feeding programs in the province. With the prions actively able to survive and thrive in soils, deliberately congregating deer, moose and elk and allowing them to paw, eat and turn up the ground sharing urine, feces, saliva and blood is definitely a concern regarding transfer of cwd prions.

Quote Originally Posted by RobU View Post
    Not only will the ministry look a baiting plus salting for cervids. They will be taking a good look at any and all winter feeding programs in the province. With the prions actively able to survive and thrive in soils, deliberately congregating deer, moose and elk and allowing them to paw, eat and turn up the ground sharing urine, feces, saliva and blood is definitely a concern regarding transfer of cwd prions.
    And those darn ranchers that dump hundreds of tonnes of hay and salt out all winter to feed their herds.....that deer and elk take advantage of.
    That's different despite it's at an epic scale compared to one salt block or bag of carrots.

The idiocy of these conversations kill me.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Your the "Keyboard Champ."
    What were the names of those Bios that you speak of, maybe I can get the story first hand.
    SIMPLY GO TALK TO THEM!!!!
    Walk into the MOE offices or get them on the phone.
    Jesus man, if you lack the credibility or gumption to make that happen ....don't know what to tell you.

This comment was about FN transporting game from province to province that do not have to report or be regulated ...which is the number one concern of infection.
    Meanwhile, lets get back to carrots ...

This comment was about FN transporting game from province to province that do not have to report or be regulated ...which is the number one concern of infection.
    Meanwhile, lets get back to carrots ...
    Did not think of that issue to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Did not think of that issue to be honest
    And that's why I struggle with the common sense of these topics.

Side note on how the bigger picture is overlooked.....
    The fraser river block that is trying to be addressed, which prevents sensitive salmon stocks from passing........ARE BEING GILL NETTED DOWN RIVER while those crying stewardship are doing the gill netting !!!!