Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Re: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Your the "Keyboard Champ."
    What were the names of those Bios that you speak of, maybe I can get the story first hand.
    You know that there is a directory of wildlife officials in Reg 8 where we both reside in right?
    They should be on your speed dial if you are respected or engaged.
    Yet you want to doc them
    Yikes!

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    And that's why I struggle with the common sense of these topics.

Side note on how the bigger picture is overlooked.....
    The fraser river block that is trying to be addressed, which prevents sensitive salmon stocks from passing........ARE BEING GILL NETTED DOWN RIVER while those crying stewardship are doing the gill netting !!!!
    I get what you’re saying and the frustration with the FN factor no one can control. I still believe that we should take the steps to put in an effort on our own end. If we are going to say F it and go with the attitude of “well they do this so my impact does not matter” we might as well say screw any form of management. Where do you draw the line?

There is no lack of people who justify poaching with the same mentality and I doubt you would support them

FN issues are one of the reasons I am leaving BC I completely get your frustration but I don’t believe hunters should be complacent on what we do because of it. We know where eachother stands on baiting and the reasons for it. The stance you are taking is not going to change my opinion so I don’t see either of us changing our opinions

You have said it many times that you put wildlife first and that is the stance I am taking when it comes to baiting well CWD is present. It’s nothing to do with FN, ranchers, or my fellow hunter does its just a step that can help slow the spread if it reaches BC. It is just a drop in the bucket of things that effect CWD spreading I know that

Too many get caught up in the minutiae and cant see the forest for the trees. This thread is yet another example of the many.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    I get what you’re saying and the frustration with the FN factor no one can control. I still believe that we should take the steps to put in an effort on our own end. If we are going to say F it and go with the attitude of “well they do this so my impact does not matter” we might as well say screw any form of management. Where do you draw the line?

There is no lack of people who justify poaching with the same mentality and I doubt you would support them

FN issues are one of the reasons I am leaving BC I completely get your frustration but I don’t believe hunters should be complacent on what we do because of it. We know where eachother stands on baiting and the reasons for it. The stance you are taking is not going to change my opinion so I don’t see either of us changing our opinions

You have said it many times that you put wildlife first and that is the stance I am taking when it comes to baiting well CWD is present. It’s nothing to do with FN, ranchers, or my fellow hunter does its just a step that can help slow the spread if it reaches BC. It is just a drop in the bucket of things that effect CWD spreading I know that
    I meet with my MLA, I spitball with local game management, I have accepted numerous mentoring rolls to both new to hunting and old. You stated where do you draw the line.....I dont. Far more to this game than bitch about this....regulate that.

Meanwhile, let's talk about carrots and salt blocks...

I meet with my MLA, I spitball with local game management, I have accepted numerous mentoring rolls to both new to hunting and old. You stated where do you draw the line.....I dont. Far more to this game than bitch about this....regulate that.

Meanwhile, let's talk about carrots and salt blocks...
    None of this is relevant to my post but congrats. Clearly you missed the point but it would not change a thing anyway

Good luck this season

^^^^^^^
    And luck has nothing to do with success

^^^^^^^
    And luck has nothing to do with success
    That we can agree on

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Funny how this works, I posted CWD information and how it as on its way to BC and everyone shit kicked me. Now after a long time out, it all of a sudden is a topic of interest.
    So good to be back..........
    I gave you a kick because you made false assertions stating that "I just found out that another big cull will happen in Alberta this year".

Through private messages I learned that you didn't know anything about confirmed changes to Alberta's CWD management plans.... just spreading rumours as "fact".

Credibility destroyed....

If BC wants to take precautions to prevent CWD from entering BC, the actions will have to be severe.

Eliminate ALL importation of potential CWD infectious material, including agricultural products grown in CWD areas.

Create strong barriers to prevent live CWD susceptible ungulates entering the province from known CWD infected areas.
    In other words, eliminate all deer, moose, elk and caribou from borders areas next to CWD populations.
    This should be happening in SE BC right now.

Reality says that this will never happen. Hunters and non-hunters just won't allow it. Nor will the agricultural business sector.

WHEN CWD crosses the southern border, I suspect that CWD is going to travel faster in BC than we see in areas such as Alberta.
    The typical migratory range of BC ungulates is simply much greater than Alberta ungulates.

We can certainly hope all angles and threats get the attention they deserve. Some of course more severe than others. As this is called hunting bc. Let’s assume hunters can and will accept responsibility for at risk behaviour regarding the spread of cwd once it’s here. Of course some will do nothing. Ourea, you do plenty of good on this site. Please don’t allow your arrogance and superior intellect shine through - the points you are trying to make are shadowed by your little ego. I’ve read lots of your posts, quite sure you can do better. It’s very easy to hide behind a smart phone or keyboard and point out activities more severe to cwd than hunter activities- we get it. Should ALL risky cwd spreading behaviour be discussed or only the high risk activities which don’t affect hunting regs and methods?