Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

Re: CWD reported within 50 km of the BC border

^^^^^
    Ive read your post several times and get more confused every time I read it.
    I'm trying to summon a response that might address any of it.

You claim I hide hide behind a keyboard yet I was right on the phone when you PM'd me as I said get on the phone and lets chat !
    I hide from nobody.

Rereading your post yet again .........it is unfocused jibberish and innuendos.

You state you have read many of my threads and say I can do better?
    I have spent hundreds of hrs and thousands of dollars to share information and knowledge in support of our sport.

Speechless ......

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

Speechless ......
    We could only hope.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    We could only hope.
    Should I pull down all my threads that are designed to help folks and support our sport!?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Should I pull down all my threads that are designed to help folks and support our sport!?
    That would be a sad day for HBC. Losing the best content on here would be the nail in the coffin for whatever is left of this site.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Well, here we go.
    We have to go in the direction of members actions and stances etc.
    Next is for the thread to be "locked".
    Again, it was just a way to show BC hunters how close CWD is to our borders.
    If not here already, and to be aware and keep an eye out.
    I wont bother setting up another cwd thread once this is locked.

Many have realized the last place to get accurate information or insightful dialogue is HBC.

Hunters want hunting content, stories, pictures, videos, knowledge being shared, how to support and grow our sport.
    Most that were giving hunters what they want on this site have left for obvious reasons.
    Think about that.

Still waiting for the speachless thing
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Other threads with the trial cams I have enjoyed a lot.
    Has given me some insight on just how our deer move and work and why it can be hard to harvest a buck of trophy proportions etc.
    So I appreciate members taking "their time" to share.

As far a CWD and its spread.
    I get what some are concerned about as well.
    We are starting to see urine products being banned etc due to where these products come from and if they might be coming from areas that have
    cwd already.

To me, in the end, if cwd comes here (which it most certainly will, imo), I don't think anything is going to stop it's spread.
    Maybe only its rate of infection depending on location and interactions etc.

The real issue is to be aware.
    We don't want to be the first folks to see it spread from deer to human, which is always a risk.
    Also, we have no cure, so we need to know how to check and dispose of infected game properly.
    nd we can put pressure on the current government of the day to put some funding forth to have it researched and see if we can find a cure.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Still waiting for the speachless thing
    Go away Horshat......please be speechless. join your friend Dina. Ourea and many others contribute HUGE to this site. Unlike yourself.

Thanks for Ourea all your help and insite to many on HBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Other threads with the trial cams I have enjoyed a lot.
    Has given me some insight on just how our deer move and work and why it can be hard to harvest a buck of trophy proportions etc.
    So I appreciate members taking "their time" to share.

As far a CWD and its spread.
    I get what some are concerned about as well.
    We are starting to see urine products being banned etc due to where these products come from and if they might be coming from areas that have
    cwd already.

To me, in the end, if cwd comes here (which it most certainly will, imo), I don't think anything is going to stop it's spread.
    Maybe only its rate of infection depending on location and interactions etc.

The real issue is to be aware.
    We don't want to be the first folks to see it spread from deer to human, which is always a risk.
    Also, we have no cure, so we need to know how to check and dispose of infected game properly.
    nd we can put pressure on the current government of the day to put some funding forth to have it researched and see if we can find a cure.

We spend next to nothing on wildlife despite it's negative spiral downwards in this province....that is not going to change any time soon unfortunately. Many US states have thrown a lot of money and resources at CWD with no real results. They will always be way ahead of us in wildlife investment. BC is not a leader in wildlife investment, sadly we are one of the worst in reality.