Thread: Is my first hunt ruined? HELP

Re: Is my first hunt ruined? HELP

Yup.... just yup. 😕

Well now you’re guaranteed wife free hunting trips

Quote Originally Posted by LegerSmash View Post
    Yup.... just yup. 😕
    Lol, it's all good dude, I was married once myself- good times.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Ah that is to bad your wife couldn't of enjoyed the trip. Maybe that long walk wasn't her thing. Sounds like you should take the dog along next time and tell her to stay home. Its really to bad she didn't enjoy herself.
    Shell be sorry down the road if she realizes that hunting will be your passion.
    If you do take her again treat her like a child and tell her to be quiet and don't take her on long walks I am talking about your wife not your dog.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

She’s a keeper

Man o man lol, well there was only one way to find out I suppose eh?

Great work on getting your pup out!! Keep with it!! And good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    At any point in time did you consider the possibility of a “ hunting accident “?
    Lmao!!!
    If there's a next time I'll be sure to tell her the regs have changed and she's required to wear these....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51kvythT1jL._SX425_.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	7432

Quote Originally Posted by LegerSmash View Post
    Lmao!!!
    If there's a next time I'll be sure to tell her the regs have changed and she's required to wear these....
    Whipsaw creek during any buck season would be a good place to test out her new hair band lol

Too bad. Here's a good news story. Sadly, my wife at 66 (last Wednesday) has a bad back and won't sleep in the "cramper" (canopy) any more.

Sixteen years ago I asked her what she wanted for her 50th birthday June 5. "A bear" she said. So on June 4 we packed up the truck and drove up and over in Indian arm where you could easily drive at the time and camped by the river. Sitting around the campfire after dinner she said "Aren't you going to go get me that bear?"

I said I didn't want to get the bear right then because with the warm weather we'd have to pack up and get it home right away.

"I'll get you the bear in the morning," I promised.

Next morning I woke up with the sun, snuck out of the canopy, jumped on the bicycle, rode down to a spot where a washout had crossed road, walked in, saw the bear, shot him and rode back and got her up. We drove down to the bear, gutted, skinned and quartered it, tossed it in the truck and were back at camp having breakfast at 9:00 am.

She never wanted to come along for the actual hunt but loved to hang around the campfire, read and cook meals when necessary.

Some good advice there MichelD. If she likes camping and doesn't mine being along (though maybe she could bring one of the kids or a friend to yack or play cards with) by a fire while you get to go out and hunt all you want.

Failing that, you can take a page from "Al Bundy" and "Jefferson" ... tell her you're heading out for a business thing or a funeral

Guess I'm lucky... wife sleeps in the jeep -15C, has broken her nose, foot and messed up her neck/shoulder tumbling down the mountain and still keeps hobbling hunting while injured, usually same day. And when she can't go (work or other obligations) I go solo and she ends up cleaning the house and does my meal prepping. Yeah I'm bragging