Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my first hunt ruined? HELP

Re: Is my first hunt ruined? HELP

I always have my dog at my side... He has done fly in hunts and day hunts. To me it's not the same with out him there..

Think of it as a training experience for you the wife and the dog. All my dogs can and do accompany me on hunts, not all at one lol, and once they learned the ropes and what's expected of them they have also spotted bear and deer for me, no instead of barking they just whine quietly. Nice to have a buddy to hunt with yet still be "alone"
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

To be safe it's best to leash both your wife and dog...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Please let us know how your trip went when you have time.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Best thing about taking the wife hunting is even if it’s slow I always seem to get lucky

Has your dog been around when you are shooting your rifle? Is it used to gunshots? You can ruin what you hope will be a good hunting companion with one shot. Thats about the same age as I took my dog out on a deer hunt on a leash not really expecting to see anything. Ran into a nice 3 point and between my excitement and 2 shots he has hated guns since.

Hey if your wife wants to come along. Good for you. She could be down the road your future hunting partner. The best partner to have hunting I must say myself. And its best to get the pup along to get used to sounds and smells of the forest. Don't over think things just go out and have a great time. Its all a learning experience for sure.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

A black bear walked put a few minutes before 9am at the mission rifle range today

Bears are everywhere now. Hunt hard and have fun

Tell her she can't come unless she is willing to hunt! And then go out and buy her a rifle that you've always wanted....enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    Has your dog been around when you are shooting your rifle? Is it used to gunshots? You can ruin what you hope will be a good hunting companion with one shot. Thats about the same age as I took my dog out on a deer hunt on a leash not really expecting to see anything. Ran into a nice 3 point and between my excitement and 2 shots he has hated guns since.
    Yep, shot at a rabbit with my .22 and my dog now runs every time I pick up a rifle