Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot weather and Black Bears

Re: Hot weather and Black Bears

I have yet to see one myself.lots of sign but no bear.��

I bumped a small black bear maybe 4.5'er out of his bed up on a grassy plateau today. Was about noon and 28* and he was bedded under a tree in 3' grass. Scared the shit out of me when he popped up 10 yards away and gave me a huff.

In my limited black bear hunting experience I would say I typically see less bears on a super hot day then on a cooler overcast day.

I haven't looked at other forecasts, but this week (Wednesday to Sunday) looks EPIC for Region 2 bear hunting Wednesday to Saturday. For anyone who was holding off for "peak time", this is it. This is your chance. Make the most of it. Closest thing you can get to a gimme and it will be cool enough that meat care shouldn't be too hard. Pretty much a gimme for bear shooting... get the meat in a cooler then enjoy the rest of the night by a camp fire and maybe indulge in a beverage... have a great night sleep and take it home to the freezer or butcher.

The days that are threatening a few mm of rain are probably the best for day trippers. It's just going to be light stuff off and on, but I have always found that is gold. Though Wednesday through Saturday all look pretty good, Wednesday AND Saturday look the best. Looks like the kind of days you could pull a full shift, 5am-10pm if you have the energy in you, and every minute holds high potential for productivity.

This is your bear traffic and weather report. More at 11 !
    Last edited by caddisguy; 06-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

All the bears I've shot until today have been end of may from 1pm-4pm. Just took a smaller bear 4.5ft'er today at about 2:50-3 m ish. Temp over the years were anywhere from 22°-30°. Today might have been a touch cooler with the wind blowing. Dont normally take smaller bears but it was one of my last days i had out and the wife wants some smokeys.. happy wife, happy life

My experience is bears are like lazy teenagers. They like to sleep in and when they wake up at noon they go strait for the fridge. There only interested in sleep, food, girls and once in awhile they like to get a little rowdy when a smaller bears around.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................