Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2019 Spring Bear - Freezer Full!

Re: My 2019 Spring Bear - Freezer Full!

Nice job Dustin. The boys and I harvested a couple of Cinnamon phase bears this season. Saw a blondie almost pure white last Wednesday. Recognize the area in your picture.

Very interesting leg. Great story! Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by TrickleCharger View Post
    Thanks for the write up! Love the labeling on the packages
    Haha, ya I have gotten into the habit of naming each big game animal I kill. And the name goes on the packages to keep them organized. Helps me remember the hunt while I'm eating through the year. I figured Tripod was appropriate for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkum View Post
    Nice job Dustin. The boys and I harvested a couple of Cinnamon phase bears this season. Saw a blondie almost pure white last Wednesday. Recognize the area in your picture.
    Three posts in ten years. Looks like it's your turn to share a story too! I'm sure you've got some.

I've seen a super blonde bear in that same area you were telling me about.

Great story! I hope you remembered to zip back up before heading back to town!

Interesting bit about the limp and finding the chunk of lead. Amazing he kept on keeping on living life and scrapping other bears.

Very nice meat haul too. On average I would guess 40% of the animal is meat but it depends on the bear. Nice to see the finished project all packaged up and labelled like that.

Nice work! I've shot a couple black tails on sunday family outings lol.. My 14 year old son was 3 when he slept through me jumping out the toyota to blast a rut struck BT lol...

Bears are tough as ****! Many stories of people pulling other peoples lead out of bears..sometimes happens with deer but not as common..I once witnessed a B Bear pulling himself by his front legs across the highway before Princeton, I have so much respect for bears half of me thinks its still alive and dragged itself to a nice dandelion patch and is building fat for the winter..lol

Until this year Ive always made sausage or hams or other processed products out of bear but this year I was lazy and besides some jerky ground the whole thing and don't know why i haven't before its amazing as ground meat..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Congratulations on a great outing. I haven't even gotten out yet, my long weekend hunting plans became getting in firewood weekend. I got into a great spot for firewood and couldn't resist. I don't really need the meat and bear is not my wife's favourite(she loves all the other wild game we put in the freezer just not a fan of bear) so the motivation isn't there.

Nice!

Great thread and pics!

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the meat...

Well done!

M

Thanks for the story, very inspirational! I too suffer from adult onset hunting, just caught the affliction last year
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Most excellent of times, what a profound bless up!

This tale surely tells of nothing but the best of life here in BC. Congratulations, that sure is a great way to put a fine Bear in your picnic basket!