Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LEH Deadline Extended

Re: LEH Deadline Extended

Actually I was wrong; my odds have been reduced by 66 %, not 50 %.

I just looked again at the LEH paper. If your buddy was drawn in the Pitt last year, he also has reduced odds of 66%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Interesting what you say here.
    And with odds like that, I think the system is fine etc.
    But, talking to my buddy who had the Pitt Draw, he will have as much chance of winning it again come next LEH as I would.

Somehow when it is 600:1 odds and you win, you should be done with it and no longer eligible.
    Not that its a great chance in winning "EVER".
    But, I just don't get that.
    He already won it, and in my opinion could not live to the age of 600 anyways.

It should be one adds after they win once should be "proportionate" (somehow) to the odds of that specific draw.
    That way everybody gets a better "fair shake", imo.
    Again, maybe I am wrong?

Somehow when it is 600:1 odds and you win, you should be done with it and no longer eligible.
    If the $$ generated by LEH applications goes directly to wildlife management, we should not be turning away applicants
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Actually I was wrong; my odds have been reduced by 66 %, not 50 %.

I just looked again at the LEH paper. If your buddy was drawn in the Pitt last year, he also has reduced odds of 66%.
    Yes, his odds are reduced but from what he says, he will be back on par with everyone else next year.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    If the $$ generated by LEH applications goes directly to wildlife management, we should not be turning away applicants
    Fair enough, but so far the money isn't going anywhere but general revenue and pissed away.
    Also, there would be very few dollars in the grand scheme of things lost as revenue if my buddy was now "out" of that draw.
    He could still put in elsewhere also.

And if we ever did have proper funding, it wouldn't just come from hunters, as that wouldn't be near enough to do much good
    for all of BC anyway (it's just a start, imo)
    More money would have to come from some sort of "eco fee" for many outdoor products.
    Just how I look at it.

Yes, his odds are reduced but from what he says, he will be back on par with everyone else next year.
    Tell him to reread page two of the LEH paper. The 66% reduction applies for three years for those lucky LEH participants for moose province-wide and for elk LEH draw winners in Regions 1 and 2.

I'm not arguing with you at all; just pointing out what is written in the LEH guide.

Interesting what you say here.
    And with odds like that, I think the system is fine etc.
    But, talking to my buddy who had the Pitt Draw, he will have as much chance of winning it again come next LEH as I would.

Not that its a great chance in winning "EVER".
    But, I just don't get that.
    He already won it, and in my opinion could not live to the age of 600 anyways.

It should be one adds after they win once should be "proportionate" (somehow) to the odds of that specific draw.
    That way everybody gets a better "fair shake", imo.
    Again, maybe I am wrong?
    It's a lottery and he already has reduced odds for 3 years. At 600:1 it makes absolutely no difference to you.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I suspect the extension has nothing to do with revenue but everything to do with the Regional Bios not getting their recommendations on numbers into head office on time.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I suspect the extension has nothing to do with revenue but everything to do with the Regional Bios not getting their recommendations on numbers into head office on time.
    And moose auth numbers negotiations with 'stakeholders'.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

With the extended date how long after does the draw take, i feel lucky this year, my wife beat 750.000 to 1 odds earlier this year so im hoping it rubs on me.

The Wildlife Branch is not running the show in area 5. They lost control of the harvest years ago