Thread: How to clean a goose?

How to clean a goose?

Hey all. So I wanna go over to a friends this afternoon and hammer a goose. They just cut thier corn silage and the geese are all over the field now cleaning up the bits. We are planning on having one for thanks giving dinner :> Anyways, how do I go about cleaning one once I've shot it? I have NO idea and have been googleing for the last 30 minutes trying to find answers. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks!!

Mike

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How to clean a goose?

I am not a big fan of goose skin so I skin them. I find them to be a bit greasy for my taste with the skin on after cooking.

Thanks for the response. I haven't ever done any geese/ducks so I am hoping for a step by step guide. :P Most i've done is a ruffed grouse. Anyways, let me know if you can help.

Mike

pm sent how to skin a goose. let me know if you need any recipes.. deep fried/slow cooked/bbq/ sweet/sour.???

stand on the wings and pull the legs, harder than a grouse of course....just kidding

Are you looking for info on gutting to prepping it for the table or just the prepping it for the table?

skin them! way easier, knife under skin and peel away. slowcooker is way to go.