Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think I Want a Wall Tent

Re: I Think I Want a Wall Tent

I use a 12*14. Set of bunks, camp kitchen and wood stove. Two people and chairs is ideal. I have put four people in it for a week without too much issue.
    One final addition to my hunting camp I made last year was a portable shower house. My stove always has five gallons of hot water attached to it and I have a hand pump Zodi shower. A hot shower every couple of days is pure heaven.

guest Guest

Weve been very happy with our 12x14 plus 8 foot add on or off full closure. Its works great . so 12 x 22 . Northwest Shelters in Newton area of Surrey customed ours. We have full 14 x 24 fly. Two clear. and screened windows which you can adjust inside with the velcro sides if its getting too hot from the stove. I got 2 locations on Stove Jacks one on rear or tent about 6 feet up toward peak the other down one of the sidewalls front left corner as you enter the main 12x14 section.
    We also ordered full floor . We asked for full internal frame no pole longer than 6 ft. t o accommodate fitting in stand 6.5 ft truck box. Frank and family did a great job. We use a 15x24 or so cylinder wood stove. Lots of cozy warmth late Season. We also got a few handy accessory stuff like gun and gear pouches that hang inside tent.

Wouldnt hesitate with using Frank of NWShelters in Surrey.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Weve been very happy with our 12x14 plus 8 foot add on or off full closure. Its works great . so 12 x 22 . Northwest Shelters in Newton area of Surrey customed ours. We have full 14 x 24 fly. Two clear. and screened windows which you can adjust inside with the velcro sides if its getting too hot from the stove. I got 2 locations on Stove Jacks one on rear or tent about 6 feet up toward peak the other down one of the sidewalls front left corner as you enter the main 12x14 section.
    We also ordered full floor . We asked for full internal frame no pole longer than 6 ft. t o accommodate fitting in stand 6.5 ft truck box. Frank and family did a great job. We use a 15x24 or so cylinder wood stove. Lots of cozy warmth late Season. We also got a few handy accessory stuff like gun and gear pouches that hang inside tent.

Wouldnt hesitate with using Frank of NWShelters in Surrey.
    Frank did ours too (also have the 2 piece poles for our ridge). Great family to deal with.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

We bought ours from Perry at Deluxe Wall Tents , Cobble Hill ( who also is a corporate sponsor to this site). They are the best!! We have been delighted with its performance and quality. Goes together very easily and with a wood stove we have been very warm and dry even in the wettest conditions. The design is simple and strong. With the floor in place - no mice! go have a chat with Perry and his crew. They will build you exactly what you want. They also make great game bags.

In the fall the weather isn't always clear and crisp, it been known to rain, hard even. That's where the wall tent and it's wood stove can turn a ruined hunt into merely wet day by drying out clothes and gear. That was the reason I moved on from a 9x12 canvas family tent to a wall tent.

Notice that a number of replies suggest a 12x14 with a porch and a wood stove. That's where I ended up . If you are going to buy one, they are less expensive now then when I bought mine but still pricy, go for one of those. Buy the right one once.

I have a 14x16 canvas wall tent that I plan on selling with wood stove, pipes, aluminum frame as well as a floor.

Spent lots of time in wall tents, like others have said I would not go less than a 12x14, my old Pioneer wall tent has only the 3 foot walls, get the 5 wall its way roomier I made up some 18" plywood pony walls and extended the vertical poles for my old tent to increase the wall height, its kind of a pain to put up but increases the room

Quote Originally Posted by LYKTOHUNT View Post
    Spent lots of time in wall tents, like others have said I would not go less than a 12x14, my old Pioneer wall tent has only the 3 foot walls, get the 5 wall its way roomier I made up some 18" plywood pony walls and extended the vertical poles for my old tent to increase the wall height, its kind of a pain to put up but increases the room
    I have an old 10x12 Woods Prospector with 3ft. walls, shortly after buying it and using it I knew I had to do something about the walls, to be more comfortable, more head room. I was talking to a buddy of mine that is a marine upholstery and boat top guy. He just said bring it down to his shop and he add 3ft. of heavy duty tarp to the bottom. The tent became twice the tent with 5ft. walls.

12x14...lots of room even when set up over a forestry picnic table!

Does anyone have experience with The Canvas Tent Shop in Castlegar ? He claims lowest prices on the internet. It looks like they have a decent product. Getting excited for the fall already !!!