Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Think I Want a Wall Tent

Re: I Think I Want a Wall Tent

I had a 12x14, it was large enough for three with a stove and table. Nice to eat out of the weather. I never had a problem with embers, but tore the mossy netting. Duct tape to the rescue . Canvas is easy to repair, unlike nylon or plastic. It requires rewaterproofing after a few years, though.. And it is does need to be dried. So a take down in the afternoon on a dry day was aimed for.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteys View Post
    Ron, take a look at the Eena tents by Beckel Canvas. They make a 10x10 and a 14x14.
    Thanks, very interesting. Have to look into these a little closer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Thanks, very interesting. Have to look into these a little closer
    Which size do you have? Is the 10 x 10 big enough for 2?

I'm not looking for a tent to socialize in, just to have comfort and warmth for 2. By this I mean a wood stove, 2 cots and enough room for each guy to stand up and get dressed in relative comfort.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 05-30-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Which size do you have? Is the 10 x 10 big enough for 2?
    I have a 14x14 which is more then enough for 4 guys, stove, and all our gear. The 10x10 would be perfect for two guy with cots and a stove. My Grandpa used to use these at his outfit because they were very light and could easily be packed into the supercub. There are lots of great options being suggested, I just know these aren't very well known up here. Worth a look.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

I use a piece of memory foam on my cot and man does that ever make a huge difference for warmth..i used to bring a couple of extra wool blankets for sleeping on but I used the wifes yoga mat instead one year and the memory foam the next....I am sold on the memory foam for comfort and warmth

I used a cot and a 4" camping foam.

I made a internal metal frame. I those days they were expensive, so I made my own. This allows you to set up in gravel pits or on landings. No trees needed. Setting up with two guys, you'll be sitting and drinking beer with in the hour.

I ended up using a porch for a kitchen.. Which was nothing more than KMS connectors , chain link fence poles and a tarp. Well worth the extra effort. Out of the rain and most of the wind.

I have the cabelas bighorn3 outfitter tent and love it! I made a stove from an old propane tank and it’s a great 4season tent for my young fam of five. I can set it up alone in 15-20 minutes and it’s been holding strong for 4 years now..... plus I lucked out and got it on sale (minus stove) for $699. Weighs around 70lbs and packs into a duffle size bag

I will pump the tires for deluxe wall tents. My wife does many repairs on wall tents for local groups so we see the majority of the manufacturers. Have to say that the deluxe tents seem to hold up with most of the issues coming from user abuse or negligence. Regardless of the brand they must be stored dry or everything will be rotted by spring. Also dont let your kids write their names in the sides with knives.

We have a 12 x 14 and its tons of room. Aqua seal is your friend for burn holes in tents/tarps (it’s used for waders)
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I recently got a diesel heater from Deakin- worth looking into. Got a polar tent- made in Sidney.
    When in doubt, just pin it.