Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buck 110 Knife

Buck 110 Knife

It seems I have foolishly lost two wonderful light weight (but a nice big blade, I like them on the big size 3.75-4.5") and indestructible (I abused them so much, even pounding through firewood, not safe with a folder I know) folding knives I have owned for over a decade I think they were Swiss made and maybe called "Trail Blazer" that I bought from *cough* MEC *cough* ... can't find them on the market now

All I have now is the Havelon Barracuda (and my new Leatherman wave I bought recently to replace the other Leatherman wave I lost... yeah I suck)

I've been looking around feverishly and the Buck 110 looks like something I might be interesting in picking up, maybe even a twin pair.

Has anyone else used and abused this knife extensively year after year?

I'm desperately in need of a knife or two (in this price range) and hope this might check out.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Buck 110 Knife

They are a very cool knife ..... try to find one of the older vintage ones if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    They are a very cool knife ..... try to find one of the older vintage ones if you can.
    I first saw it on the Cabelas site and noticed Canadian Tire had it a bit cheaper. Any specific ones you can put me on?

The knife was introduced in 1964 .... The new ones are also nice ( current manufacture ) I just have a thing for the vintage stuff .. must be gettin old .. Lol ... all 110 knives can be aged as to the year being made ... if you go to the Buck web site ... all the information is there ... anything from the 70s - 80s would be cool to find.

I love my 110. Had it almost 40 years now. They are nice knives but I don’t know if it will stand up to the abuse you want to put it through. It has a fairly fine clip point that will break if you try and use it to dig an arrow out of a tree. The bolsters are brass and will deform if you try and use them as a hammer

The good news is if you screw yours up like I did mine you can send it to Buck for a referb and it will come back looking like the day you got it. Free (awesome customer service). They even sent me a new leather sheath, and that is after I fessed up to the abuse.

I learned the first time, and it’s still pretty much in that condition now
    Last edited by Elkaddict; 05-28-2019 at 11:35 PM.

My uncle has had one for 30 years. I have had one for 3. I feel like the older ones are made better. I could be wrong but his knife is 3x the knife my 'new' 110 is. Don't get me wrong they are good knives but you know how the saying goes 'they don't make em like they used to'

Dad has carried a schrade of the same size and design for....well I'm 33 and it's on his belt in the pictures of him holding me as a newborn. So longer than that!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Looking around last night I noticed on their website you can customize it for better steel, handle, add serration, etc. Yikes that is sure tempting. Somehow I was able to resist the temptation. Maybe a little ways down the road I'll be able to justify it and treat myself. For now I think I'll just pick up the basic stock one from one of the big stores then get the custom one in a year or so if I think it's "the one".

I think they actually will replace a lost schrade uncle henry

Went up to a remote lake for a couple days of fishing, it was deserted, I went down to the water and there was a buck 110 stuck in a log, no case. If anyone showed up I was going to give it to them....2 days and nobody showed up at the lake.
    I found a case for it at a local gun show for 10 bucks.