Thread: FVRD Shooting Restrictions

FVRD Shooting Restrictions

Taking a visitor out in the FVRD and just had a look at the no shooting zones.

https://www.fvrd.ca/assets/Governmen...otingAreas.pdf

Just to confirm: It states (e.g. on "Map 2", bottom) that "With the exception of personsengaged in lawful hunting or trapping,the discharge of firearms is prohibitedwithin 400m of the indicated roads"

So that means hunting is allowed, yes? The closure only addresses things like target shooting, etc?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FVRD Shooting Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post

Just to confirm: It states (e.g. on "Map 2", bottom) that "With the exception of personsengaged in lawful hunting or trapping,the discharge of firearms is prohibitedwithin 400m of the indicated roads"

So that means hunting is allowed, yes? The closure only addresses things like target shooting, etc?
    I've scratched my head over this a few times and decided that I personally don't want the negative attention by shooting near the highlighted areas. Can you just imagine the calls to the CO and Police if you shot and started field dressing a bear within eyesight of the Chilliwack Lake Road. Don't do it - not worth it. Others will likely disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    I've scratched my head over this a few times and decided that I personally don't want the negative attention by shooting near the highlighted areas. Can you just imagine the calls to the CO and Police if you shot and started field dressing a bear within eyesight of the Chilliwack Lake Road. Don't do it - not worth it. Others will likely disagree.
    Totally fair.

Legal but as said above be mindful of where you are at. Just use common sense and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post

Engaged in lawful hunting, you are good to go. I live in the Fraser Valley, and most of my key spots are within the restricted zones. Make sure of your backstop before taking a shot, and ensure you have all your paperwork in order in case questioned by an officer. I was bear hunting in Chilliwack valley a couple years ago, and had the rcmp called on me when spotted by a person off a popular hiking trail. They informed the hiker I was within the law, and I continued my hunt.
    Last edited by plumberjustin; 05-30-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.