Those of you that have been hunting BC for your entire life, what is the furthest west you have seen or even heard reports of blacktail sightings ??

Now unfortunately I don't have pictures like caddisguy, but I do have a question..

Would it be at all possible for a blacktail buck to be in region 3? So far to the point that it's damn near in region 8?

My self and my hunting buddy were out in our usual stomping grounds trying to pull bear number 8 out of there to keep helping the local moose! We see tonnes of mule deer there on a every outing basis and white tail almost as frequently... But today, mid afternoon in a wide open field what do I see? A rump of a deer, that looked nothing like a mule deer (not nearly enough white on the rump, and and the black on the tail was almost jet black and ran the entirety of the tail pretty much top to bottom)

Now I log alot of time hunting here, and when I say alot I mean 5-6 days a week most of the season long, spring and fall and could probably start naming some of the deer and bear, but this one was unlike anything I've ever seen locally. Looks exactly like the deer I see when I camp along the sea to sky highway though...

I'm sure there is an explanation.

Also not a single bear sighted tonight, but besides this strange deer we also got to enjoy seeing a bobcat perched at the side of the road not a care that we were there and also the coolest thing I've yet to witness hunting... What started as just glassing a nice coyote cruising up a hillside ended up turning into us watching 7-8 mule deer doe chase and try to stomp on the coyote.. obviously he was trying to sneak into their fawning grounds, a damn shame that coyote isn't open or we could have lent a hand.