Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: THE holy Grail LEH elk draw?

Re: THE holy Grail LEH elk draw?

Tossed my 6$ Rosie donation in today. Two of the worst odds draws... I really don't WANT to have to take a month of work but my rubber arm can be twisted with one of those tags...

where did you put in?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Tossed my 6$ Rosie donation in today. Two of the worst odds draws... I really don't WANT to have to take a month of work but my rubber arm can be twisted with one of those tags...
    Good plan.

I live 10 minutes for where I drew my tag. Had the luxury of being able to scout daily for a couple months before the hunt. Still took me 17 days to connect.

i promised not to tell anyone where i was told to put in...but i will say it is for roosies and not on the island...i helped a buddy tear down camp and pack it home after his month long accumulation of stuff....i think he went there every weekend with a full load of stuff so he needed help getting it all out of the bush towards the end....it was a tough tough hunt...it rain/sleeted the whole time i was there ...a few BT deer were taken while we were there but he didnt get his elk until after i was gone..

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    i promised not to tell anyone where i was told to put in...but i will say it is for roosies and not on the island...i helped a buddy tear down camp and pack it home after his month long accumulation of stuff....i think he went there every weekend with a full load of stuff so he needed help getting it all out of the bush towards the end....it was a tough tough hunt...it rain/sleeted the whole time i was there ...a few BT deer were taken while we were there but he didnt get his elk until after i was gone..
    Never had the camp raided and vandalized or robbed by losers?

Seems they troll everywhere and always these days. I remeber hunter47s camp getting basically claimed by idiots and refusing to get out once he showed up to his own camp.

Sounds like Wideopens buddy was way back....... And I am positive Waynes problem was people mad at him. lots of locals didn't like how long he was there for and how much he helped other people....

Youd be surprised how far in peoples "cabins" or camps have been vandalized or robbed.

Used ATVs have become very affordable and any Yahoo can afford one to hit the trails.

What does Waynes camp problems in the Kootenays have to do with rosie hunting on vancouver island?

nothing......... but on that thought maybe the thread should get closed because the OP has already put in his draw so everything past post #61 is irrelevant anyhow.....

Any Roosevelt elk draw is hunting bonus in your life. I had a draw in 1-13A and got a bull and about 10 years later a successful cow draw mid-Island. Had another cow draw two years ago in a "Sure-thing" area and never saw one in a week.

Participated in a buddy's cow draw hunt in Gold River once too. Boy is that meat good!