Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE holy Grail LEH elk draw?

Re: THE holy Grail LEH elk draw?

I would think it would be easier from a hunting and scouting perspective to apply for the Roseys in MU2 vs MU1. Same elk same or better odds of a big bull, and no ferries to deal with. As for the island, I don't think there are any bad choices, but just be aware that some areas are behind gates on private land, and may limit access and hunting opportunities. Good Luck what ever your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    I would think it would be easier from a hunting and scouting perspective to apply for the Roseys in MU2 vs MU1. Same elk same or better odds of a big bull, and no ferries to deal with. As for the island, I don't think there are any bad choices, but just be aware that some areas are behind gates on private land, and may limit access and hunting opportunities. Good Luck what ever your choice.
    Coast is a consideration as well, I'm not picky. I'm willing to travel, but if it's closer that's a bonus.

I'm just looking for thoughts and experiences with specific draws so I can utilize the information to apply for a hunt that is closest to the style I'm looking for, I'm by no means looking for the biggest bull or the easiest hunt. It's the experience I'm looking for.

Some of the hunts require a boat (a decent one for the big lake hunts).
    And, once there, you may need some form of vehicle to travel on as the elk can be miles from
    the boat dock etc.
    I guess you could take mtn bikes, but again, it's a long way to travel at times and not necessarily
    a quick way to get around.

No use applying for hunts that one has no proper transportation to get there. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Long story short, I want to donate my 6$ to an elk draw that I hold no hopes of getting aha, but what I want to know before I make my final decision is what everyone thinks the holy Grail draw is, and why!?

I don't know enough about the coast and island to know what I'm looking for, some of the locations seem like they would be fly in only..?

What about ease of access, what's the best draw to apply for ?

I also hear people talk about the holy Grail Kamloops lake sheep hunt, but never hear much agreement on the LEH elk as to what the prized draw is.

Cheers.

The holy grail would be getting a draw anywhere................

i want to hunt elk so bad but the regs and leh are so confusing and mostly private i dont even know where to start

With a grand total of 1 draw in 25+ years of entering Leh draws, the holy grail for me would be..... Anything!! A moose or elk draw would be awesome but I'd be happy to get drawn.

I don,t think any one draw would be The Holy Grail.Salmon River,Memekay ,|Saunders Heber Muchalat, Vernon Camp,there are so many draws that would provide a great hunt.

i want to hunt elk so bad but the regs and leh are so confusing and mostly private i dont even know where to start

I don,t understand this statement.What is confusing? And where do you get the idea that the hunts are on private land?

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post

I don,t understand this statement.What is confusing? And where do you get the idea that the hunts are on private land?

just take a look at the leh book 90% all private land!

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post

everything with a star is all private land only!