Thread: WCVI Communal Sale Fishery for salmon and groundfish

Thumbs down WCVI Communal Sale Fishery for salmon and groundfish

The Ahousaht, Ehattesaht, Hesquiaht, Mowachaht/Muchalaht and Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations (Five Nations) Communal Sale Fishery for salmon and groundfish by hook and line by trolling, rod and reel and hand line will open 00:01 hours May 25, 2019 until further notice.

Chinook, Coho, Chum, Pink, Halibut, rockfish, Lingcod and Dogfish may be retained.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sa...=221391&ID=all

Same areas that Area G Troll was brutally kicked off the water by Wilkinson.
    In the guise of "conservation".

That pig no longer flies...

Pissed, Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: WCVI Communal Sale Fishery for salmon and groundfish

What can you say?? I think the whiteys have been fooked by the provincial and federal government.

Nog the information you are posting here needs to be seen by the general public not just outdoorsman. We understand your frustration but most of the general public are clueless that FNs harvest rights are increasing well both sport and commercial fishermen are being shut out in the name of conservation

Politicians only fear loss of votes and don’t give a shit about fishermen. I don’t doubt something is in the works already but had to say it

Arrow Re: WCVI Communal Sale Fishery for salmon and groundfish

I understand and appreciate your comment Wild One.
    I am doing what I can to get the word out, as are a few others.
    Sadly, the mainstream media has been bought out, and none of them even return calls or emails on this issue.
    The minister does not reply at all to letters specifically demanding he do so (even from sector reps).

The whole situation is bullshit at this point.

Of you have any ideas on how to get the word spread farther, I would be all ears...

Matt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Well Matt years ago when the AFS after the Sparrow case first came out it was Seines that were getting screwed. One thing that got a lot of media attention was a protest fishery at the mouth of the Fraser. Maybe 150 -200 boats there and maybe 10 set their nets. I was on one that set however we set it backwards and didn't purse but the nets in the water got a lot of attention. No one was charged that I can remember but the media was there and it made a big splash. On another occasion we had a sail in in Vancouver Harbour that also garnered a lot of attention. Trollers and sportsfishermen could do the same. I got out of the industry cause I could see where it was going and was tired of fighting. Good Luck

guest Guest

I contacted W5 as they did some good coverage back in 2011 on the black market sales by special groups. I wanted them to look into the huge economic impact of all the closures for Recreational and Troller fisheries while Wilkinson tries to announce fixes for Chinook Runs and SRKWhale issues. His closures and so called fixes will NOT build fisheries or fix SRKWhale issues. Lies and mistruths again by our Liberal Government........in the mean time FNs continue to net the So Called Sensitive Fraser River Chinook.

Was hoping W5 would return my request call or email........

Crickets.......
    Last edited by guest; 05-22-2019 at 05:41 PM.