Thread: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Threaded View

Re: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    should be that way, but the RCMP would love nothing more than to make an example of a person. What the hell do they care ? They don’t pay for lawyers .
    Naw. There's the odd bad apple for sure, but I know so many LEO's and have had so many interactions (RCMP / FBI / VPD ... heck maybe that's why my renewal got approved so fast LOL) I can say with absolute confidence that 95% of the "blue line" on an individual level (the guys you are actually going to pull you over) align with the same political beliefs that are dominant on here. They respect gun owners, dislike Trudeau and are sick of the revolving door judicial system. It would take some serious bad luck to have a firearm seized over a technicality like this. It just gives me a good excuse to take the bow out

Way I see it is that they need to print 1500-2000 licenses per day. One of the two printers broke and they are doing 700-1000 at best. It's probably running some ancient OS (Windows 95? Probably reason for the lack of details LOL) and they have a contract / delivery date for a whole new system at which point they can catch up on the backlog. Until then, they are bumping priority for people that call (people who cared enough to call) and will catch up with the backlog after. From what I gather, they're really only 3-4 weeks behind after running in limp mode for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that bad.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-21-2019 at 09:01 PM.