Head's up on anyone waiting for a PAL in the mail that was issued but not received yet...

Mine was approved/issued a few weeks ago (excellent turn-around time on that part of it) ... the website says to call in 2 weeks if you have not received it in the mail. It's been 2.5 so I figured I'd call just in case it got lost in the mail.

It turns out the system for printing up the licenses is having technical issues, so it's going to take a few more weeks for them to get it to me.

I was also advised that when the new license was issued, my old one became invalid, so I do not have a valid PAL for a few weeks.

Tentatively planned one last hunt with my brother this season for June 8, but technically I can only possess a gun if I am supervised. Was also told I can't transfer it (ie: have my brother pick up my rifle and bring it to me when he meets me at camp) ... only way I can bring a rifle is if my wife is able to come along which we aren't sure about yet.

I know the odds of getting checked are slim and the odds of a constable actually caring are slim to none, but I keep it squeaky clean when it comes to guns. I might be bow hunting LOL

My bow is set around 47lbs with a 26.5" draw. I'm not really interested in taking another bear this year but if I get the itch, will my setup work for a 250-300lb bear? (I think that's the biggest I'd run into). Shots would be limited to 30 yards.

Maybe I'll find out if bear spray works LOL, though there's a slight chance my brother might have a shotgun that meets legal specs to carry around while hunting.