Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Re: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

LOL, How's that for timing. My PAL arrived on the exact day my old one expired. The sweet thang in the CFO's office pulled it off. I have to take it all back

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    LOL, How's that for timing. My PAL arrived on the exact day my old one expired. The sweet thang in the CFO's office pulled it off. I have to take it all back
    LOL that's too funny. Well good you got it and "on time" to boot. I knew they had our backs on this one. No egg on my face I have to go back and check when I started this thread, but she said she bumped me 5 days to printer and I'll have it in 3 weeks and I believe it... a few days late I'll blame Canada post.

I'm with you, I like to run squeaky clean, good luck with the bow! More motivation for me to motivate the wife to get her pal..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Soo... I won't "need" to go bow only.

9 days after I made the call and found out my PAL renewal was several weeks back behind in the printing queue if I hadn't called because of the printer issue... and was told they'd bump me up in the queue, would have my license printed up in 5 days and I would have it in 3 weeks... there it is in the mail. I wasn't expecting it for another couple weeks. Talk about exceeding expectations. I did tell them about my tentative hunt plans.

Maybe they follow me on HBC and sent out some urgent internal memo... "get this guy packing ASAP. this one's a liability / bear food without a rifle!". Almost want to send a bottle of wine and box of chocolates but that would probably run into some kind of screening problems LOL.

Anyway, final thought on this is there is likely still a backlog for a month or two so if you renewed and your license is expiring soon and need your PAL, give them a call for sure.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-30-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I think the bottom line is actually: pick up your bow and kill a bear like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I think the bottom line is actually: pick up your bow and kill a bear like a man.
    Lol... yeah!!! Go out there and punch him to death! Oh wait, bow... ya that works 2 rofl
    Last edited by LegerSmash; 05-31-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Printer issues huh? I just spoke to CRA regarding a refund I filed for in February 2018. When they finally got around to reviewing it, in Feb 2019, it triggered an audit that went on for an additional couple months. I finally got the notice that they wouldn't dispute my claim in May and have been waiting (and waiting) for my refund. Guess what?... When I called today she said there are "technical difficulties" processing my refund and she couldn't give a timeline for rectification.

Printer issues renewing firearms licenses and technical difficulties issuing tax refunds? If I didn't know better I'd wonder if this isn't orchestrated incompetence.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Not sure about bear but my recurve at 50 lbs with montech broadheads drills right through a deer