Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Re: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

I would just log on to the firearms renewal website where it says issued and in the mail. Screenshot that and keep your old PAL on hand. Also there is a 6 month extension period for renewal. So if your birthday was less than six months ago, you technically have a valid PAL...

I think you'd have more issues with RCMP over a CO for not having your PAL in my past experience. Only have had RCMP and gun stores ask for my PAL, never a CO.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    It does seem odd they would be having a technical issue with the printing system for this long LOL. But TBH if they are going to announce a gun ban early June, I don't see a heck of a lot of point in stalling RPAL renewals and citing technical issues... they can revoke them at the press of a button anyway... plus the liberals would have to let a lot of people in on their conspiracy and there would be a lot more chatter. I do think there is a good chance they will announce some form of gun ban or another, but I don't think it is related to the printing issue.

The person I spoke to was super nice and said she put in an escalation request. She said it would be printed within 5 days and if I still haven't got it in 3 weeks to call back.
    You speak with the sheep not the ones in the know IMO. The new cards will have the new prohib status that Bill C71 allows for.
    It’s a way to save money in printing and plastic ??
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I would just log on to the firearms renewal website where it says issued and in the mail. Screenshot that and keep your old PAL on hand. Also there is a 6 month extension period for renewal. So if your birthday was less than six months ago, you technically have a valid PAL...

I think you'd have more issues with RCMP over a CO for not having your PAL in my past experience. Only have had RCMP and gun stores ask for my PAL, never a CO.
    Thats what I would do, unless your old PAL is actually expired.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

It is just waaaayyyyy to coincidental that the government has already come out and said that the printing "problem" will extend until exactly the 7th of June. When does the Women Deliver conference scheduled for June (the same one at which JT will purportedly deliver his "sweeping gun ban")? June 6th!!! Way too coincidental. Not to be crass Caddisguy, but I think that sweet thing you were talking to was blowing sunshine up your hoop.

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/15/rcm...eid=fb0737e1f3

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    You speak with the sheep not the ones in the know IMO. The new cards will have the new prohib status that Bill C71 allows for.
    It’s a way to save money in printing and plastic ??
    Liberals worried about saving money

I guess we'll know in a couple weeks... see if there is anything announced at Women Deliver. I suspect there probably will be. I just think it's unrelated to the PAL printing issue.

Sounds like other guys who ran into the PAL printing issue / delay still ended up getting their PAL in the mail, just a bit delayed.

Just take your handgun. You’ll blend right in out there in the FV. Just bring your shiny gangster sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    It is just waaaayyyyy to coincidental that the government has already come out and said that the printing "problem" will extend until exactly the 7th of June. When does the Women Deliver conference scheduled for June (the same one at which JT will purportedly deliver his "sweeping gun ban")? June 6th!!! Way too coincidental. Not to be crass Caddisguy, but I think that sweet thing you were talking to was blowing sunshine up your hoop.

https://thegunblog.ca/2019/05/15/rcm...eid=fb0737e1f3
    Other guys affected by the printing delays have still been getting there PAL's... just a bit late. The timing certainly sounds errie, but slowing down the printing just to save a few bucks on plastic? Or it's Mckenna trying to stop plastic pollution?

I just can't see a reason to "slow down" (but not stop) the printing that is issuing licenses that can be invalidated with the click of a button anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Just take your handgun. You’ll blend right in out there in the FV. Just bring your shiny gangster sweater.
    And the winner of the most educated and helpful comment is...

limit time alluded to the idea that the new prohib classifications may be on the new PALS. If that is the case and they can delay licensing a whole bunch of RPAL initial applicants they may just prevent a whole bunch of evil firearms from hitting the streets by denying the new applicants Prohib status because they didn't make the bell. I don't know. I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist but things smell just a bit too fishy on this one and the with the Liberals track record I wouldn't be surprised.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat. Applied weeks ago, to be sent a letter weeks later asking for proof of range membership before approval, and now delayed further for printing problems. I've been asked before to provide proof of range membership prior to purchase of a restricted firearm but cannot recall the same for RPAL renewal.

Oh, and yes, when I called to inquire about the delay the clerk was very nice and "expedited" my license as well. crickets,.......
    Last edited by Elkaddict; 05-21-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Caddis jokes aside ,
    i admire your responsible mind set, and most could take a page from your book.