Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Re: Not allowed guns for a few weeks... bow hunting question?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaddict View Post
    limit time alluded to the idea that the new prohib classifications may be on the new PALS. If that is the case and they can delay licensing a whole bunch of RPAL initial applicants they may just prevent a whole bunch of evil firearms from hitting the streets by denying the new applicants Prohib status because they didn't make the bell. I don't know. I'm normally not a conspiracy theorist but things smell just a bit too fishy on this one and the with the Liberals track record I wouldn't be surprised.
    I think if that turned out to be the case, that would turn into yet another huge scandal that would make them even look more awful and their agenda less credible. That said, they are already swirling in the toilet bowl at this point and I think the higher ups are campaigning more for future UN status than for re-election in Canada.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat. Applied weeks ago, to be sent a letter weeks later asking for proof of range membership before approval, and now delayed further for printing problems. I've been asked before to provide proof of range membership prior to purchase of a restricted firearm but cannot recall the same for RPAL renewal.
    The range membership thing in BC has been happening for around 5 years. I know it held up my renewal 5 years ago and they asked me for it when I called in. This year I sent an email referencing my renewal application immediately after submitting the application to preempt it. It worked very well too. My renewal was approved in less than a week. Anyway, they have definitely been doing that in BC for some years now, so that part is definitely unrelated to any BS policy they might be announcing in the next couple weeks (which is highly possible they will be trying to ram through something... that I fully agree with you on)

And I'm not saying you or limit time is wrong. I'm just telling what my gut says and full disclosure, I probably lean towards the conspiracy/suspicion side than most.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Caddis jokes aside ,
    i admire your responsible mind set, and most could take a page from your book.
    I'm not perfect by a long shot but something like this, I just look at in and go "hey, well the system isn't perfect and will never be, but lets think about what fun we can have with the situation and various contingency plans" ... rather than get all worked up I'd rather have fun with it.

Your rig is adequate, just take a good broadside shot behind the shoulder, below spine and you will likely get a pass through. Double lung shot and bears don't go very far. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I think if that turned out to be the case, that would turn into yet another huge scandal that would make them even look more awful and their agenda less credible. That said, they are already swirling in the toilet bowl at this point and I think the higher ups are campaigning more for future UN status than for re-election in Canada.

The range membership thing in BC has been happening for around 5 years. I know it held up my renewal 5 years ago and they asked me for it when I called in. This year I sent an email referencing my renewal application immediately after submitting the application to preempt it. It worked very well too. My renewal was approved in less than a week. Anyway, they have definitely been doing that in BC for some years now, so that part is definitely unrelated to any BS policy they might be announcing in the next couple weeks (which is highly possible they will be trying to ram through something... that I fully agree with you on)

And I'm not saying you or limit time is wrong. I'm just telling what my gut says and full disclosure, I probably lean towards the conspiracy/suspicion side than most.
    Dude , I hope to hell i’m wrong on this !!

But JT has nothing to lose. IMO He doesn’t care about the party, just cares about him.
    Last edited by limit time; 05-21-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Caddis jokes aside ,
    i admire your responsible mind set, and most could take a page from your book.
    If our laws made sense, we wouldn’t need to worry .
    Last edited by limit time; 05-21-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I have taken many bears with a 45lb recurve 28"draw in the 250 -325 lb. range. White tail and a moose, yer good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I would just log on to the firearms renewal website where it says issued and in the mail. Screenshot that and keep your old PAL on hand. Also there is a 6 month extension period for renewal. So if your birthday was less than six months ago, you technically have a valid PAL...

I think you'd have more issues with RCMP over a CO for not having your PAL in my past experience. Only have had RCMP and gun stores ask for my PAL, never a CO.
    The online renewal says they are having tech difficulties as well. No way do I believe this is above board.

My thoughts are you have met all legal requirements to possess a firearm. You have your old license. You made application for your renewal. The government dropped the ball. Carry on and safely enjoy using your firearms as you always have.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    My thoughts are you have met all legal requirements to possess a firearm. You have your old license. You made application for your renewal. The government dropped the ball. Carry on and safely enjoy using your firearms as you always have.
    should be that way, but the RCMP would love nothing more than to make an example of a person. What the hell do they care ? They don’t pay for lawyers .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

I think you'll be surprised how deadly your setup will be, just hit him where it hurts!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear