Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eberlestock gunrunner daypack

Re: Eberlestock gunrunner daypack

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I can't speak for the gunrunner daypack, but I do own theEberlestock F1 mainframe with the Little Big Top and a J2DB drybag... whole unit works well for me, the dry bag only used when I'm going with gear that I'm going to be camping with, ie extended mountain hunt...I can debone an entire deer and have it in a cheesecloth bag, then put it on the mainframe and between the mainframe and the Littlebigtop bag..sinch it hard and away you go...what has also worked well for me is, bring a ratchet strap or two, for the minuscule weight it's worth it, use them for extra sinching force to get that weight as close to your core as possible...I haven't had to do this with my current setup however, as the straps on the F1 mainframe and the little big top are sufficient...

Thanks. I’ll have to check those out.

Re: Eberlestock gunrunner daypack

Buy the rain cover. Camo on one side, and blaze on the other. Saved me a few times in big down pours, and make a dry place to sit when the occasion calls for it. I have been beating my almost daily for 6 years - one one small buckle has broke.

As stated, one your rifle is in the scabbard, it stays put. Have carried some heavy guns too, much better than being on your single shoulder.

Awesome packs.