Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

Re: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

I saw a huge white tail buck in Langley in about 1986 it had just killed a huge mule deer buck. On the backroads from the ferry to port kells

I worked up at the Corrections camp located at the end of Allouette Lake. We used to drive in from Stave Lake and i can recall seeing WTD in there way back in the mid 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by northernbc View Post
    I saw a huge white tail buck in Langley in about 1986 it had just killed a huge mule deer buck. On the backroads from the ferry to port kells
    Was the mule deer in season? Did the WT have a tag?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Ahhh, soon we will dine on MU-2 Whitetail

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Was the mule deer in season? Did the WT have a tag?
    Almost spat my coffee out!

interesting.... new hunter here. if i saw a decent buck in region 2 fraser valley area i would have taken it. Never thinking it could be a whitetail.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrookie View Post
    interesting.... new hunter here. if i saw a decent buck in region 2 fraser valley area i would have taken it. Never thinking it could be a whitetail.
    Well be careful and be sure to identify your target and read the regs to be sure what is open before it’s time to pull the trigger. If not you are going to find your in trouble one day

Lots of species can be found where people don’t think they belong and expand their ranges all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Well be careful and be sure to identify your target and read the regs to be sure what is open before it’s time to pull the trigger. If not you are going to find your in trouble one day

Lots of species can be found where people don’t think they belong and expand their ranges all the time
    I can attest to that ! I have taken 3 nice big colour phase black bears out of one of my preferred hunting spots, hunted it for 3 bear seasons in a row and ran into lots of black bears...

well this season we started to bump into grizzlys in the same area! At the right size and angle they don’t look different enough from the Colour phase blacks, and without spending extra time glassing, I could see how a mistake could be made.

back to the topic at hand ... BC needs a WT doe season open across the entire province from the 10th-31 of October.
    we shouldn’t care if the white tail numbers drop and dwindle, they are invasive and out compete Mulies and black tails like vermin, now that isn’t to take away from them as they are fun to hunt and delicious, but protecting their numbers in any way, anywhere in the province is going to have long term detrimental effects on the native deer populations.

Hmmm, whitetails are a native species. Loss of habitat, disease and ticks are a far greater threat to mule deer than whitetails will ever be. Though I do support controlling whitetail numbers with continued doe seasons.
    Blacktailaholic

whitetails go very nocturnal with pressure.

first light and last light are key to hunter success..or hunting bedding zones (the thick stuff real slow.)