Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

Re: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

Quote Originally Posted by oldrookie View Post
    interesting.... new hunter here. if i saw a decent buck in region 2 fraser valley area i would have taken it. Never thinking it could be a whitetail.
    You're not alone. It's one my motivations for getting the word out. It definitely wouldn't be a happy experience to go from the excitement of getting a buck, just to walk up on it and realize it wasn't legal.

Another motivation was seeing other threads where hunters claimed to have seen WT's and would get absolutely grilled by other hunters, that there's no WT's in the Fraser Valley, that they don't know how to ID deer and how they probably see sasquatches too. Although that probably goes hand in hand with others that would shoot any buck. I like your honesty. I guarantee a lot of people have thought the same way (myself included) that one could essentially "ID" a buck just by where they found it. Maybe Region 1 can still say that... for now

For fun, I posted up another video in this thread recently that shows two bucks with pretty much identical head gear... kind of shows how easily things can get confusing. Say you see a 3pt BT on your came a bunch of times... then you are creeping around there and bump into a buck with the same antler configuration. BOOM! ... "Uh oh ... heart sinks"

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...on-this-cougar

To make things even more confusing, some WT / BT / BT-Mule hybrid deer are starting to look mixed. I really think they are successfully interbreeding.

Anyway, it is 100% video/photo confirmed WT's are common around Hope, Chilliwack and Mission (in back yards to boot) No shortage of reports for Harrison either, but no video to show. I don't doubt it for a second though.

I might post up a few more vids when I have more time over the winter. I probably have 30+ hours of WT vids this year and some are actually really funny and weird
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-05-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    You're not alone. It's one my motivations for getting the word out. It definitely wouldn't be a happy experience to go from the excitement of getting a buck, just to walk up on it and realize it wasn't legal.

Another motivation was seeing other threads where hunters claimed to have seen WT's and would get absolutely grilled by other hunters, that there's no WT's in the Fraser Valley, that they don't know how to ID deer and how they probably see sasquatches too. Although that probably goes hand in hand with others that would shoot any buck. I like your honesty. I guarantee a lot of people have thought the same way (myself included) that one could essentially "ID" a buck just by where they found it. Maybe Region 1 can still say that... for now

For fun, I posted up another video in this thread recently that shows two bucks with pretty much identical head gear... kind of shows how easily things can get confusing. Say you see a 3pt BT on your came a bunch of times... then you are creeping around there and bump into a buck with the same antler configuration. BOOM! ... "Uh oh ... heart sinks"

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...on-this-cougar

To make things even more confusing, some WT / BT / BT-Mule hybrid deer are starting to look mixed. I really think they are successfully interbreeding.

Anyway, it is 100% video/photo confirmed WT's are common around Hope, Chilliwack and Mission (in back yards to boot) No shortage of reports for Harrison either, but no video to show. I don't doubt it for a second though.

I might post up a few more vids when I have more time over the winter. I probably have 30+ hours of WT vids this year and some are actually really funny and weird
    I have family in van and every year we meet them up at Murray lake. Went up into the fire behind the lake last year for a look and saw 2 whitetail does run across the road in front of us

^^^^^^
    Never understood why some were getting grilled either back in the day on hbc for that as well.
    I know where I hunt MD, I couldn't believe my eyes the 1st time I saw a WT 2pt walking right beside a MD 2pt.
    Never thought they were there or would be...ever.

Now, when one takes the time to read up on WT and the fact that although they are smaller in size, they are more aggressive and one can
    see that they could and do overrun areas where MD are.
    They are an older species as well.
    Makes me wonder how MD even had a chance to begin with???

And the other thing I have seen, just to add to this thread, is I have seen first hand WT in some very high back country as well now.
    Not quite alpine yet, but damn close!!!
    And I believe it is due to the logging that happens so far back and high up now.
    If those string of cut blocks weren't there, I doubt the WT would have moved up in there....ever.

Sure doesn't help the future of MD either.
    Not only has it brought the WT...but wolves as well.
    Talk about heaving the "squeeze on"!

I sat in the other night and the wife was watching the tv show “love it or list it” and the people are being shown a house 25 minutes outside of Vancouver..sooo possibly Mission? Langley?
    and in the back yard of this property are two whitetail deer. Then the wife had to listen to a rant about whitetail deer in region 2 ��

Quote Originally Posted by DannyO View Post
    I sat in the other night and the wife was watching the tv show “love it or list it” and the people are being shown a house 25 minutes outside of Vancouver..sooo possibly Mission? Langley?
    and in the back yard of this property are two whitetail deer. Then the wife had to listen to a rant about whitetail deer in region 2 ��
    .………………………..lol.